Windows 10: How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually?

Discus and support How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got a new headset and I plugged into the back of pc. This will send the audio out put into my headset which is good, but I always have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MoineAhamed, Jun 22, 2019.

1. How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually?

I recently got a new headset and I plugged into the back of pc. This will send the audio out put into my headset which is good, but I always have to remove the 2 microphone and headset cables for the audio output to come out of the spaekers instead. This is very inconvienent and I have searched youtube for many hours trying to find a solution. When I always go to playback devices, it says Speakers/Headphones instead of seperating them. My main problem is that I would like to seperate them in the playback section so I can switch the audio output from there. Also, for the realtek audio manager solutions, it always brings me to Dell Audio, not the Realtek audio manager in the video. Please help!

:)

MoineAhamed, Jun 22, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually? :p

cadaveca, Jun 22, 2019
  3. gdepreux Win User
    Switch back to speakers not working after unplugging my headset

Hello,

Can someone explain me how is this still possible with a recent OS (Windows 10)?

Issue:

Step 1: I plug my heasdset -> the sound is switched correctly from the speakers to my headset.

Step 2: I set my computer to sleep mode.

Step 3: I unplug my headset.

Step 4: I wake up my computer. (my headset is not plugged anymore)

Result:

I have no more sound without headset, the sound output is stuck to the jack plug.

Apparently, Windows 10 doesn't check the status of the different I/Os when getting out of sleep mode. (I hope there is another reason, but if this is the case, it is a shame)

So, how do I get my speakers working again, without restarting my computer, please?

Thanks for your help.

gdepreux, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Cybie1111 Win User

How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually?

Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually?

1. How do I switch from speakers to headset without doing it manually? - Similar Threads - switch speakers headset

2. How do I switch from Mac to Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I switch from Mac to Windows?: So, my questions is, how do I switch form Mac to Windows, I'm getting a new PC soon, but i need help on how to switch from OSX/MacOS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mac-to-windows/fd58f539-a1ca-4a12-92af-c0d16dc3072a
  3. How do I switch from Mac to Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch from Mac to Windows?: So, my questions is, how do I switch form Mac to Windows, I'm getting a new PC soon, but i need help on how to switch from OSX/MacOS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mac-to-windows/fd58f539-a1ca-4a12-92af-c0d16dc3072a
  4. How do I switch from Mac to Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I switch from 10.0.0.1 to 192.168.1.0 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I switch from 10.0.0.1 to 192.168.1.0 ?: I have a laptop that uses 192.168.x.x when connected to Ethernet and uses 10.0.0.x when it's using my Wi-Fi network. It connects to the Internet either way. However, it won't allow me to connect to network shares unless I plug in the Ethernet cable.Is there a way to switch my...
  6. Problem switching from headset to speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem switching from headset to speaker: Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D laptop running MS Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508). I have connected a headset (2 separate connectors for microphone and headset). Everything works fine. When I disconnect the headset, the laptop speaker does not become...
  7. *SOLUTION* how to switch between a headset and speaker without unplugging one device.

*SOLUTION* how to switch between a headset and speaker without unplugging one device.: I had an issue where “Speakers Real High Definition Audio represented both my headset and my speakers. It was super frustrating because I had to always unplug my headset when I wanted to enjoy some music on my speakers. its an easy fix, just click the “^” arrow on the...
  8. How do I play sound through bluetooth speakers and dongle headset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I play sound through bluetooth speakers and dongle headset?: Hi all. I have the Logitech Z337 Bold Sound Bluetooth Wireless 2.1 Speaker System and I have the HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless Gaming Headset. What I want to do is play the same audio, through both devices at the same time. My use case is that I'd like to play a game (Counter...
  9. How do I disable the speakers without disabling the audio itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the speakers without disabling the audio itself?: I'm trying to record text-to-speech for an intentionally bad 3D animation using Audacity. In order to make sure the voice is loud enough for people to here, I need to record it using high volume. I don't want anyone else in my house to here me recording the text-to-speech. Is...
  10. Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!

Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!: Since the upgrade I have found an annoying problem ( probably driver related ). When I plug anything in the cases front Audio Jack, it does not switch automatically. I have to keep manually changing where audio comes out through using "play back devices" settings. Was...