Windows 10: How do I switch from windows 10 pro n to just regular pro?

Discus and support How do I switch from windows 10 pro n to just regular pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 pro N instead of pro thinking it was just a different version, and now I can't redeem the digital license. Just to note, I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moneymakerwil, Feb 23, 2020.

1. How do I switch from windows 10 pro n to just regular pro?

I installed windows 10 pro N instead of pro thinking it was just a different version, and now I can't redeem the digital license. Just to note, I used a flash drive to boot the OS on a brand new build so I do not have Windows 8 or 7.

:)

Moneymakerwil, Feb 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

I have an activation key for windows 10 Pro but I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro N, I know it is probably simple and I am just dumb but can someone walk me through the steps of going from Pro N to Pro.

RangerDale, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Bedlamite Win User
    November 2019 update Windows 10 Pro N

Dear fellows,
    Has anyone got a clue why the November Update does NOT work on the Pro N version?
    I run the N version (dutch) as well as the normal Pro, in a dual boot situation.
    My regular Pro updated without problems, but the 'effing' N wil not update.
    Any suggestions?
    (No don't say get rid of the N, there are too applications installed)

Bedlamite, Feb 23, 2020
  4. How do I switch from windows 10 pro n to just regular pro?

Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro!

The odd thing is that last night I downloaded the Office Windows 10 Pro Multiple Versions and when I try to install it, it only give me the option to install "Windows Home"!

It's currently running Windows Pro N, why would it want me to install Home!

I truly only care about the Background option while I am in "Themes."

This feature is not present in Pro N, but it is on my desktop in Pro.

So, I will try what @Andre suggests and download the Media Feature Pack.

Thank you very kindly for your replies.

Polo Hyperion, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I switch from windows 10 pro n to just regular pro?

1. How do I switch from windows 10 pro n to just regular pro? - Similar Threads - switch pro regular

2. How do i change from window 11 pro n to window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change from window 11 pro n to window 11 pro: I accidently pick window 11 pro n instead of window 11 pro and now i cant put in my keyword. Which mean i gonna have to buy a new window if i cant change it. So if you can change it that would be great...
  3. How do i change from window 11 pro n to window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change from window 11 pro n to window 11 pro: I accidently pick window 11 pro n instead of window 11 pro and now i cant put in my keyword. Which mean i gonna have to buy a new window if i cant change it. So if you can change it that would be great...
  4. Switch Windows 11 Pro N to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Windows 11 Pro N to Pro: I installed the Windows 11 Pro N version, which I cannot activate using my existing Windows 10 Pro product key. How can I Switch the installed version, so can I can activate it without the need for a new product key?...
  5. Switch Windows 11 Pro N to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Windows 11 Pro N to Pro: I installed the Windows 11 Pro N version, which I cannot activate using my existing Windows 10 Pro product key. How can I Switch the installed version, so can I can activate it without the need for a new product key?...
  6. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro not just the media pack

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro not just the media pack: So I have a machine that someone built for me with Window 10 Pro N, I recently bought a license key for Window 10 Pro and it wont let me activate it. I could just reset the machine and install Windows 10 Pro, but from what I understand, that means i need to format the entire...
  7. How to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 not pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 not pro: Hi, have a Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 Pro operating system. When I get the message from Microsoft that an update is available, I go through the routine, but the update never installs because it's a Windows 10 update, not a Windows 10 Pro update. I do not think...
  8. How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro?: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Pro N from Windows 10 ISO downloaded from Microsoft's website. Now I think I did mistake. Windows 10 start menu is not looking beautiful as normal Windows start menu. Currently my Windows start menu look like this.. https://imgur.com/HePFHJ6...
  9. Moving from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows Pro: Hello All, I have installed Windows Pro N, and mistakenly I have bought Windows Pro key and when I enter the later key, it does not work ... Hence I would like to move/upgrade from Windows Pro N to Windows Pro, but I do not see any option in Windows website. thanks for...
  10. How to replace Windows 10 Pro N license to just Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to replace Windows 10 Pro N license to just Pro?: I've recently bought the Windows 10 Pro N Disk including a physical license. I tried a lot to install the windows media feature pack with technical assistance but It doesn't happen. Now after a lot of assistance I have no way except changing Windows version from Pro N...