Windows 10: How do I switch the microsoft account for my user? There's no option to switch to a local...

Discus and support How do I switch the microsoft account for my user? There's no option to switch to a local... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lophlo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lophlo, Dec 28, 2020.

1. /u/lophlo Win User

How do I switch the microsoft account for my user? There's no option to switch to a local...

/u/lophlo, Dec 28, 2020

2. Unable to switch account from local to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Please convert to Local account and back to Microsoft Account. To switch to a local account, please follow the below steps.

To switch to a local account.

Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings.

Select Change PC settings.

Select Users.

On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.

To convert a local account to Microsoft Account you may try these steps:

From the “Change PC settings” screen, tap or click Users.

Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the instructions.

Also, check for pending updates and install them.

Please let us know if the issue persists or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Dec 28, 2020
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Dec 28, 2020
  4. zambeezi Win User

How do I switch the microsoft account for my user? There's no option to switch to a local...

No option to switch to Microsoft account.

Hi, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my desktop pc (laptop went from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro) and I am trying to sync the settings across the 2 devices.

On my pc I do not have the option to switch from local account to my Windows account.

How do I switch the microsoft account for my user? There's no option to switch to a local... [​IMG]

I created a new account and the option is available...

zambeezi, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I switch the microsoft account for my user? There's no option to switch to a local... - Similar Threads - switch microsoft account

2. i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my Microsoft account.: Hi i hope you can help , i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my microsoft account. I don't have the option to add an microsoft account from my local account either??? When i try and sign in with microsoft account it says i need an app to do this...
  3. i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my Microsoft account.: Hi i hope you can help , i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my microsoft account. I don't have the option to add an microsoft account from my local account either??? When i try and sign in with microsoft account it says i need an app to do this...
  4. Switch user to local account. No option to do so.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch user to local account. No option to do so.: Technical: Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1288Warning: I know just enough to be dangerous.What happened: I set up my husband's PC with a local account when he first got it. I got a Windows 365 license for my Surface Pro. My husband asked if I could put it on his...
  5. Switch user to local account. No option to do so.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user to local account. No option to do so.: Technical: Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1288Warning: I know just enough to be dangerous.What happened: I set up my husband's PC with a local account when he first got it. I got a Windows 365 license for my Surface Pro. My husband asked if I could put it on his...
  6. Switch user to local account. No option to do so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account: microsoft store hijacked my accountall the tutorials say to press a button in settings but they removed it in a newer update for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-a-microsoft-account-to-a/f2bdb168-1e93-407e-8e4e-5874203a1272
  8. No option to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to switch to a local account: I am not sure what to do. submitted by /u/butterfingerboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0j9wg/no_option_to_switch_to_a_local_account/
  9. How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?: I'm currently signed in as admin on my device with a Microsoft account, but I want to log out. There is no visible option for me to switch, and many solutions on other threads don't exist for me. How do I switch?...
  10. No option to switch to Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to switch to Microsoft account.: Hi, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my desktop pc (laptop went from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro) and I am trying to sync the settings across the 2 devices. On my pc I do not have the option to switch from local account to my Windows account. [img] I created a new...