Windows 10: How do I switch the user profile?

Discus and support How do I switch the user profile? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer that runs on Windows. I'm lending it to someone for a few months. They'll need to access some of the files I have in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leesa_19, May 15, 2024.

1. Leesa_19 Win User

How do I switch the user profile?

I have a desktop computer that runs on Windows. I'm lending it to someone for a few months. They'll need to access some of the files I have in my account. I know very little about computers so I have a few questions. Is it possible to sign out and sign into a different account on one computer without having my files/documents deleted? If I remove my account from that computer, can I log in to a different computer and still have access to all my documents and all my Microsoft gaming and software subscriptions?If I save the files/documents my friend needs to my desktop, will my friend be able to

:)

Leesa_19, May 15, 2024
  2. Mala_S Win User

Switch User Profiles in Windows 10

Hello Amy CarolHunter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows has a concept of Switch User in which multiple users can share one device and work on it. If you are sharing your PC with another person, ensure that you have saved all open documents to keep it secure. To know the list of accounts present
    on your PC, you can press Windows + R keys and type netplwiz and click
    OK. It will help you with the list of account entries.

If you have more than one user account on your PC and want to switch between users, kindly follow the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method 1: To Switch User from Start Menu.

When you click on the Start menu, tap on your user name and click on the user account you want to switch. For better understanding, you may refer to an article on -
    How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10.

Method 2: Switch User from Classic Shut Down Windows Dialog.

• Click on the empty space on your Desktop and press
      Alt + F4 keys.
    • ‘Shut Down Windows’ dialog opens, select Switch user from the list and click on
      OK.
    • Else, you can press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys on your keyboard and select
      Switch user.

Let us know how it goes. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 15, 2024
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, May 15, 2024
  4. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

1. How do I switch the user profile? - Similar Threads - switch user profile

2. Switch user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user profile: How do I switch profile on start screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-profile/30cb19cb-f05b-43a5-b277-31479c1a5f7d
  3. Switch user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user profile: How do I switch profile on start screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-profile/30cb19cb-f05b-43a5-b277-31479c1a5f7d
  4. How do I switch the user profile?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I switch the user profile?: I have a desktop computer that runs on Windows. I'm lending it to someone for a few months. They'll need to access some of the files I have in my account. I know very little about computers so I have a few questions. Is it possible to sign out and sign into a different...
  5. How do I switch the user profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch the user profile?: I have a desktop computer that runs on Windows. I'm lending it to someone for a few months. They'll need to access some of the files I have in my account. I know very little about computers so I have a few questions. Is it possible to sign out and sign into a different...
  6. Can’t switch user profile

Can’t switch user profile: I switched user profiles on accident and I don’t know the password to this profile on my computer, I don’t even remember creating it. However, I can’t switch users and log in with my normal user profile. There is no switch user button. I’ve tried booting up safe mode, but it...
  7. Can’t switch user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t switch user profile: I switched user profiles on accident and I don’t know the password to this profile on my computer, I don’t even remember creating it. However, I can’t switch users and log in with my normal user profile. There is no switch user button. I’ve tried booting up safe mode, but it...
  8. How to Switch the Microsoft account linked to User profile

How to Switch the Microsoft account linked to User profile: I want to change the Microsoft account that is linked to my User profile.I haven't found anything on this topic online and am wondering if this is even possible....
  9. How do I switch Users?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I switch Users?: How do I switch users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-users/40140ef2-c9a9-460b-8f3a-771894e08f4a
  10. How do I change a user profile to a child safety profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change a user profile to a child safety profile: Hi I setup a W10 machine with a default profile, just going through the default process without too much thought but I should have set it up as Child Suitable. There in only one user profile and the log-on is not linked to an email address. Some games and Apps have...