Windows 10: how do i switch the virtual access point mode?

Discus and support how do i switch the virtual access point mode? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; from default 11n to 11ac. wifi card(intel 7260) supports 11ac 135827 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BABUT, Jul 1, 2019.

1. BABUT Win User

how do i switch the virtual access point mode?

from default 11n to 11ac. wifi card(intel 7260) supports 11ac

:)

BABUT, Jul 1, 2019

2. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. how do i switch the virtual access point mode? :) Thanks

jareinertson, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

Just to add to Mystere's excellent post, using a Hyper-V external switch virtual machines get a bridged connection. If you prefer NAT (Network Address Translation) instead, you don't have to create an external virtual switch. About bridged vs. NAT: NAT vs. bridged network: A simple diagram - TechGenix

To use NAT in Hyper-V, first create an Internal switch in Virtual Switch Manager then share your host Ethernet or WLAN connection with your internal switch:

how do i switch the virtual access point mode? [​IMG]

In VM settings set virtual machines to use the internal switch. They will now get private IP addresses 192.168.137.XXX, internal switch on host acting as DHCP server with IP 192.168.137.1.

Using NAT only with virtual machines makes external virtual switch unnecessary but as it makes networking between host and virtual machines quite a challenge if not impossible, the bridged mode with an external switch is the recommended way.

Quote from an old tutorial at our sister site EightForums.com:

(From EightForums.com tutorial Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager)

Kari, Jul 1, 2019
  4. how do i switch the virtual access point mode?

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

how do i switch the virtual access point mode?

1. how do i switch the virtual access point mode? - Similar Threads - switch virtual access

2. HOW DO I SWITCH OUT OF S MODE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I SWITCH OUT OF S MODE?: I am trying to get my Windows 11 Home "S" mode switched off. In The Community several were saying, go to Settings + System + Activation then click Go To Store. Well that hasn't worked either. I've not seen any link anywhere on how to switch off S mode permanently. Please...
  3. HOW DO I SWITCH OUT OF S MODE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I SWITCH OUT OF S MODE?: I am trying to get my Windows 11 Home "S" mode switched off. In The Community several were saying, go to Settings + System + Activation then click Go To Store. Well that hasn't worked either. I've not seen any link anywhere on how to switch off S mode permanently. Please...
  4. How do I switch out of S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch out of S mode?: Whenever I try to switch out of it, it always tells me to get a windows license, I don't know how to get one and I never had this problem with my old Windows 10 laptop. Right below the 'Get your Windows licence' it just gives me the option 'No.' This is preventing me from...
  5. How do I switch out of S mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch out of S mode?: Whenever I try to switch out of it, it always tells me to get a windows license, I don't know how to get one and I never had this problem with my old Windows 10 laptop. Right below the 'Get your Windows licence' it just gives me the option 'No.' This is preventing me from...
  6. how do i switch to s mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i switch to s mode: how do i switch to s mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-to-s-mode/557f8033-83e7-4dfb-8c91-2a27256193fb
  7. how do I switch to administrator mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I switch to administrator mode?: I need to switch to administrator mode in order to delete Avast! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-to-administrator-mode/64d652f7-7598-4480-a84b-88f83c256a76
  8. how do i switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i switch out of s mode: ive been searching the internet for hours now and i cant find anything to help me do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-out-of-s-mode/f03cb4f8-a1b9-4da3-adb1-abaaeb5a7a4a
  9. How do I "switch controlled folder access" to on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I "switch controlled folder access" to on?: how do I "switch controlled folder access" to on? windows has blocked a known ok internet download program. I am 72 so be gentle. * Original title: windows 10...
  10. how do I switch out S mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I switch out S mode?: how do I switch out of S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-out-s-mode/d6daeabc-77f3-44fb-8876-4ff31d892768