Windows 10: How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

Discus and support How do I sync files and folders in different paths? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have both files and folders on my Desktop - and I want to have the same files and folders on my data drive. If I make a change in either a file or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

I have both files and folders on my Desktop - and I want to have the same files and folders on my data drive. If I make a change in either a file or folder, no matter which path they are in, I would like them to be synced - so that, if I make a change in one, it will be reflected in its' counterpart. Is this possible? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Oct 4, 2020

2. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Oct 4, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Add a path to $PATH?

To add ~/bin to $PATH try this -

EDIT: Source

oily_17, Oct 4, 2020
  4. How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

1. How do I sync files and folders in different paths? - Similar Threads - sync files folders

2. MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?: On my Windows 10 laptop, I am using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore program. The backup is failing due to a threat detection. I assume that the backup is calling my Windows Defender program for threat detection, because the only A/V program I have is Defender. When I try to...
  3. MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?: On my Windows 10 laptop, I am using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore program. The backup is failing due to a threat detection. I assume that the backup is calling my Windows Defender program for threat detection, because the only A/V program I have is Defender. When I try to...
  4. Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder: I'm having a great deal of difficulty with this, so maybe someone can explain how this is supposed to work: I'm having a horrible time trying to get Onedrive *not* to sync every folder on my laptop to the cloud. Basically, I don't want every file that I download to...
  5. Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder

Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder: I'm having a great deal of difficulty with this, so maybe someone can explain how this is supposed to work: I'm having a horrible time trying to get Onedrive *not* to sync every folder on my laptop to the cloud. Basically, I don't want every file that I download to...
  6. How do I change file path for files in a program to a respective folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change file path for files in a program to a respective folder?: Hi!All the files from programs are being saved inside My Documents. For instance, all the additional files from Filmora are being saved in Documents and I do not have the option to just cut and paste them directly to their respective folder because it would just reinstall in...
  7. How do I change file path for files in a program to a respective folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change file path for files in a program to a respective folder?: Hi!All the files from programs are being saved inside My Documents. For instance, all the additional files from Filmora are being saved in Documents and I do not have the option to just cut and paste them directly to their respective folder because it would just reinstall in...
  8. How do I change file path for files in a program to a respective folder?

9. how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders

how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders: Hi there I am using OneDrive to sync my desktop but I wanted icons and few folders on my destop to be left out. How do I customize the sync process to do so?...
  10. How to change default path of folders to different drive

How to change default path of folders to different drive: I have new Dell computer with a 256GB SSD C: drive and 2TB HDD D:Drive. The SSD drive will fill up quickly as it is default location for all downloads and everything else - My Documents, etc. I partitioned the D drive so that a User B has a storage section and I have one,...