Windows 10: How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

Discus and support How do I sync files and folders in different paths? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have both files and folders on my Desktop - and I want to have the same files and folders on my data drive. If I make a change in either a file or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

I have both files and folders on my Desktop - and I want to have the same files and folders on my data drive. If I make a change in either a file or folder, no matter which path they are in, I would like them to be synced - so that, if I make a change in one, it will be reflected in its' counterpart. Is this possible? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Oct 4, 2020

2. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Oct 4, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Add a path to $PATH?

To add ~/bin to $PATH try this -

EDIT: Source

oily_17, Oct 4, 2020
  4. How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I sync files and folders in different paths?

1. How do I sync files and folders in different paths? - Similar Threads - sync files folders

2. How do I get temporarily files syncing in Sync Center / Offline Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get temporarily files syncing in Sync Center / Offline Files?: Maybe I misunderstand the entire purpose of the sync center, but let me explain what I'm trying to accomplish and what's not working. I have a share set up to a NAS server. It's mapped to Z. Everything can be accessed fine. I have a 30GB free on my SSD on my client-side...
  3. How do I stop syncing

How do I stop syncing: Why does syncing come up every time I try to send an email with a scan as an attachment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-syncing/47385fed-4729-4558-ace0-135ff371c313
  4. Correct Download Folders File path

Correct Download Folders File path: My default download folder was Downloads in C: Drive I moved location to my Partioned I: drive for more space. I did not name it correctly and it appears in File explorerI[ATTACH]...
  5. How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?: I play sims 4 and have downloaded quite a bit of extra content for it. Unfortunately, this has all saved to my onedrive, filling it up completely. Is there a way of stopping just this folder from syncing, and leaving the rest of my documents to sync? I have researched this...
  6. How to change default path of folders to different drive

How to change default path of folders to different drive: I have new Dell computer with a 256GB SSD C: drive and 2TB HDD D:Drive. The SSD drive will fill up quickly as it is default location for all downloads and everything else - My Documents, etc. I partitioned the D drive so that a User B has a storage section and I have one,...
  7. How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder?: How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder? e.g C:\Users\username\Downloads rather than just downloads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-to-display-the-whole-path-in/f40f64e2-3fef-43b7-bded-ac664de8885d
  8. Sync Pictures to 2 Different Folders in OneDrive

Sync Pictures to 2 Different Folders in OneDrive: I have OneDrive set up to sync pictures from my iPhone to the Pictures folder in OneDrive. I want to sync pictures from my iPad to a different folder in OneDrive. How do I do that? I am running Windows 10 on my Desktop computer if that matters. cb...
  9. How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive?: My Pictures folder currently resides as a subfolder to my C:\OneDrive. I have a second, larger E:\ data drive and I want to move my Picture folder there. When I try by clicking on Pictures/Properties/Location and choose a folder I get the message shown below. I've tried...
  10. How do I fix File Folder Searching

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix File Folder Searching: I am using a Dell XPS 15 (9550) with an i7-6700HQ, and 16gb ram. This laptop is used as my main work desktop, so this is my mule. As of last month up until now, something changed and I don't understand what it could have been. My folder searching does NOT work. [img]...