Windows 10: How do I take a picture of myself with the built in webcam in Windows 10

Discus and support How do I take a picture of myself with the built in webcam in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just want to know how to take a picture of myself with the built-in webcam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben Kaewsiribundit, Jul 17, 2019.

1. How do I take a picture of myself with the built in webcam in Windows 10

I just want to know how to take a picture of myself with the built-in webcam

:)

Ben Kaewsiribundit, Jul 17, 2019
  2. TobiaF Win User

Windows 10 doesn't detect my built-in webcam

So, I installed Windows 10 Home a few days ago, and I've been unable to use my webcam ever since. I've taken a look at my device manager, but the webcam (it's a BisonCam NB Pro, by the way) isn't listed. I've even tried showing hidden devices, but there's
    no webcam detected. There aren't "other devices" listed either. I've tried downloading the drivers for that model, but they too are unable to fine my built-in webcam. Any suggestions?

TobiaF, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Mathiassa Win User
    Logitech C270 webcam: no picture

I have a Logitech C270 webcam. I used it for years on my windows computer without issues. The video stopped working some weeks ago. Firefox and Skype say that some other program uses the camera. Windows Camera app shows black picture without any error message. The microphone works fine btw.

My first thought was that it is a Windows 10 issue:

• Windows 10 knows about the camera. Seemingly no problem in device manager.
    • Tried out the possible workarounds listed on the internet:
      • switching to built-in drivers,
      • uninstall/reinstall device with logitech drivers,
      • different USB ports (2.0/3.0),
      • checking in process explorer if something is using the camera or its microphone,
      • deleted some files suggested somewhere in case of win 8/10 upgrade (which was not the case, but whatever works)

I was out of ideas, so I checked the camera with my Linux laptop. Again the laptop knows about the camera, but no picture, no errors. Based on this I guess it is a hardware issue. Before throwing the cam in the trash, I just want to ask if you think that I missed something.

Mathiassa, Jul 17, 2019
  4. How do I take a picture of myself with the built in webcam in Windows 10

Built in webcam not working anymore on Windows 10.....

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

• Are you using Skype App ? Or Skype web access ?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    • Make and model of the computer ?
    I suggest you to update the webcam drivers and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Please refer to the link below to update the drivers.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

Also I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps in the Skype link provided below and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Troubleshooting issues with Skype call quality | Skype Support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I take a picture of myself with the built in webcam in Windows 10

1. How do I take a picture of myself with the built in webcam in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - picture myself built

2. I see myself in the webcam as in a mirror.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see myself in the webcam as in a mirror.: Hello.I really do not understand why everyone must see mirror image in webcam by default. Is it really impossible to make extra settings for camera to select mirror or no mirror view?Regards,Andrej...
  3. I see myself in the webcam as in a mirror.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I see myself in the webcam as in a mirror.: Hello.I really do not understand why everyone must see mirror image in webcam by default. Is it really impossible to make extra settings for camera to select mirror or no mirror view?Regards,Andrej...
  4. How do I get TPM 2.0 on a computer that I built myself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get TPM 2.0 on a computer that I built myself?: I have the full version of Win 10 Home edition installed on a new PC that I recently built myself. When looking into a Win 11 upgrade, the PC Health Checking App tells me that TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled & there is no TPM detected. Several help files that I have...
  5. How do I get TPM 2.0 on a computer that I built myself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get TPM 2.0 on a computer that I built myself?: I have the full version of Win 10 Home edition installed on a new PC that I recently built myself. When looking into a Win 11 upgrade, the PC Health Checking App tells me that TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled & there is no TPM detected. Several help files that I have...
  6. built in webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in webcam: i have a laptop and my built in webcam has stopped working . i can see them but they cant see me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/7d4fff1a-4c6e-4ad5-95d7-262cce5b1a1d
  7. Built in camera takes grainy pictures

Built in camera takes grainy pictures: My built in camera on my laptop takes grainy pictures, windows 10. How can this be fixed. Below is the specs of my laptop. TY Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272 Operating Systems Windows 10 hard drive capacity- 1 TB processor speed- 2.2 GHz processor brand- Intel processor type-...
  8. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74
  9. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74
  10. Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video

Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video: My built-in webcam/camera was working fine last week when I used it last. When I went to use it today, it would take pictures but not video which is what I need. Some solutions had to do with finding the camera on the control panel and device manager, but I couldn't find it...