Windows 10: How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?

Discus and support How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm in Firefox's options and it's giving me the option to choose Thunderbird, Yahoo or Gmail, but I want to use the Windows 10 mail app. However when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Agathier, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Agathier Win User

How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?

I'm in Firefox's options and it's giving me the option to choose Thunderbird, Yahoo or Gmail, but I want to use the Windows 10 mail app. However when I select "choose other" and go to either Program Files or Program Files (86), I do see Windows Mail, but all I have is "wab.exe" which when I choose it Firefox identifies as "Windows Contacts", and "wabmig.exe" which Firefox identifies as "Microsoft (R) Contacts Import Tool".

:)

Agathier, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links in emails on Windows 10 Mail app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Is the issue specific to Mail app? Are you able open hyperlinks from other applications like Word?
    2. Did you try accessing different links through Firefox?
    3. May I know if you have set Firefox as the

default program
      ?

I suggest you to try the following method and check:

Method 1: Update Windows 10.

Suggest you to
    update the Windows 10

Method 2: Update Firefox.

Check if there is an updated version of Firefox as you are able to open the links through Edge.

Please reply with details and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 12, 2019
  4. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app? - Similar Threads - tell Firefox open

2. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  3. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  4. Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link: I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for many years. Currently am using Firefox version 82.0.2 on a Windows 10 laptop. My email addresses are located in my Thunderbird account version 98.4.1. These new versions are the outcome of recent upgrades to my Mozilla...
  5. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10: When I want to open a file link in email which is in my local C drive folder, it shows "unable to open file:///file location". I cannot open it in the mail app in Window10 but I can open it in Microsoft Outlook app. At the same time I can open all http or https links, I just...
  6. How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link on the internet?

How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link on the internet?: I just clicked on a "mail-to" link on a website and received 2 options Google, Yahoo, which I didn't want. So I dug up outlook.exe in my program files as the default email app to use with "mail-to" links on the internet. This resulted in an endless loop: instead of just...
  7. How to open email link with microsoft mail

How to open email link with microsoft mail: Hi, I accidentally chose chrome as my predefined app to open email links, how can I change it?? Edit: Nevermind, I found it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-email-link-with-microsoft-mail/95387b32-d819-4fbd-972c-8590482def7f
  8. Links won't open through email in mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links won't open through email in mail app: Since a recent update I can no longer open any links provided in any email I get. I've had to right click and copy link to another browser to open it instead. How can I fix this? This only happens on my laptop and not on phone....
  9. Mail App stopped opening Links

Mail App stopped opening Links: I got this info[ATTACH] and this which I don't have the enough skills to understand yet, by the way is from the new visor app: { "ver": "4.0", "name": "Microsoft.Outlook.Hx.Client.Common.UserInteractivity", "time": "2020-03-06T01:27:58.7288542Z",...
  10. Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.

Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.: As the title says, i can't open any links within the mail app on windows 10. When I click on a link it says "Unable to open ' specified link address'", for example: "Unable to open mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". I have tried: Rebooting my laptop...