Windows 10: How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old? For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8...

Discus and support How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old? For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I log into my online Microsoft account it has me as being 8 years old. I was born in 1961. That prevents me from getting Bing Chat to work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cameron Mahon, Jun 9, 2023.

1. How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old? For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8...

When I log into my online Microsoft account it has me as being 8 years old. I was born in 1961. That prevents me from getting Bing Chat to work.

:)

Cameron Mahon, Jun 9, 2023
  2. JohnC363 Win User

Web Blocking for an 8 Year Old

Your suggestions have not solved my problem yet. But, I first have a more basic problem.

I went to the suggested site and then set up an account for my 8 year old son and signed him up for an email account as a family member. I received an email welcoming him to the family and he shows up in my family list. I turned on the age appropriate
    restrictions and listed cnn.com to block. when I go to his account, there are no restrictions at all. I can get to cnn.com and I can go to sites about **** for teens. What am I doing wrong? Is thee a setting I am missing?

JohnC363, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Microsoft to take on Apple with own Windows 8 tablet?

i found something that interesting
    from here
    Microsoft will announce its own tablet next week at an event in Los Angeles, according to reports, taking a page from Apple's playbook.
    If true, this is not the typical Microsoft business model; usually it leaves device announcements to device makers. The PC industry is the classic example of this.
    And, so far, that has been the case for Windows 8 and Windows RT tablets. Companies like Acer and Asus demonstrated Windows 8 tablets and hybrids at Computex last week, for instance.
    But a report at The Wrap and another at AllThingsD say Microsoft has other plans.
    Microsoft reportedly concluded that it must have its own tablet and is involved in the hardware design too. The Wrap reported it is a "Microsoft-manufactured tablet," that would "put the company in direct competition with giant rival Apple."

How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old?  For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8... [​IMG]

Indeed, if true, it would. Apple designs both the software and hardware and therefore is able to achieve a level of quality control over a product that often eludes Microsoft and its hardware partners.
    A Microsoft tablet has the potential to rankle Windows device makers, too. Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba, Nokia and a long list of other PC makers are working on scores of Window 8 and Windows RT tablets and hybrids. Many are likely to debut when Microsoft release Windows 8 later this year.

micropage7, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Ravenas Win User

How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old? For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8...

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old? For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8...

1. How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old? For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8... - Similar Threads - tell Microsoft years

2. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft think I am offline: So obviously I am connected to the internet but Winbdows 10 thinks that I am offline with that little disconnected globe icon in the taskbar so therefore my onedrive and other office apps think I am offline. I have no clue why it thinks that I am offline but I at least get a...
  3. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft think I am offline: So obviously I am connected to the internet but Winbdows 10 thinks that I am offline with that little disconnected globe icon in the taskbar so therefore my onedrive and other office apps think I am offline. I have no clue why it thinks that I am offline but I at least get a...
  4. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old? For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I tell Microsoft that I am not 8 years old? For some reason Microsoft thinks I am 8...: When I log into my online Microsoft account it has me as being 8 years old. I was born in 1961. That prevents me from getting Bing Chat to work....
  6. Microsoft thinks I am my 10 year daughter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft thinks I am my 10 year daughter: I am seriously losing my mind. I got a new HP laptop with Microsoft Products on it and my system thinks I am my 10 year old daughter. Most every single site is blocked. I cannot even get into a second-grade teachers' website of my son. Funny thing as well is I cannot even buy...
  7. Microsoft thinks I am my 10 year daughter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft thinks I am my 10 year daughter: I am seriously losing my mind. I got a new HP laptop with Microsoft Products on it and my system thinks I am my 10 year old daughter. Most every single site is blocked. I cannot even get into a second-grade teachers' website of my son. Funny thing as well is I cannot even buy...
  8. Microsoft thinks I am my 10 year daughter

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Can someone explain this to me like I am an 8 yr old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone explain this to me like I am an 8 yr old: A new process has been created. Creator Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: - Account Domain: - Logon ID: 0x3E7 Target Subject: Security ID: NULL SID Account Name: - Account Domain: - Logon ID: 0x0 Process Information: New Process ID: 0x2a0 New Process Name:...
  10. Windows thinks I am not connected but I am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows thinks I am not connected but I am: Windows 10 problems – network awareness and Win 10 apps. not working on Wi-Fi or Wired (CAT5e). 1. Network and Sharing Center shows “you are currently not connected to any networks.” > Even though I connected using either wireless or wired connections. > Checked...