Windows 10: How do I tell Windows 10 to not go into sleep?

Discus and support How do I tell Windows 10 to not go into sleep? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So the situation is, my laptop really likes to go into sleep after only two minutes of any kind of inactivity, even if there are apps running that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheMugbearer, Oct 1, 2016.

1. How do I tell Windows 10 to not go into sleep?

So the situation is, my laptop really likes to go into sleep after only two minutes of any kind of inactivity, even if there are apps running that are supposed to prevent this from happening.
    I saw on the Internet that the solution to this is to enable some hidden power settings and then crank them up from 2 mins to something else, but it didn't really help. :\ And I didn't find any other viable solutions.
    So my question is, what is wrong and how can I fix it?

:)

TheMugbearer, Oct 1, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Oct 1, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User
    neilpzz, Oct 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How do I tell Windows 10 to not go into sleep?

Hi, first are you sure it's sleep, not your screen turning off? Sorry I have to ask, 'cos lots of people in the past have found that happen.

There were many many posts on this a year or so ago. Here are some solved ones for you to look through.
    If you don't find a solution, please post back listing what you've tried. (Keep a record).

Solved Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what. - Windows 10 Forums
    laptop is very 'sleepy' sleeps after 2 minutes win 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in - Windows 10 Forums
    Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity - Page 6 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  5. No, I am not entirely sure it is sleep, that's why I am seeking help. Logically speaking, it just goes black and then I return to it and swing my mouse and it comes to life. Maybe I have a screensaver active? I don't remember for the love of me how to find settings for one...

TheMugbearer, Oct 1, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    That's not Sleep, it's your screen turning off to save power. There are separate independent settings for the screen and sleep in Settings - System - Power & Sleep.

How do I tell Windows 10 to not go into sleep? [​IMG]

Bree, Oct 2, 2016
  7. Well, my Power & Sleep settings are saying that the screen must never power down, as in all the drop-downs say "Never". *sarc

TheMugbearer, Oct 2, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

Have a look at Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, Power Options. Have a look at your Power Plan settings and see if they say the same thing.

Bree, Oct 2, 2016
  9. Yup, they saying the same thing.

TheMugbearer, Oct 2, 2016
  10. 91fw Win User
  11. TheMugbearer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I tell Windows 10 to not go into sleep? - Similar Threads - tell sleep

2. why does my laptop tells me to Create a Pin after sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my laptop tells me to Create a Pin after sleeping: hello microsoft. i just want to know why my laptop windows11 tells me to create a pin after waking up. and i want to know how to disable it. thank you...
  3. why does my laptop tells me to Create a Pin after sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my laptop tells me to Create a Pin after sleeping: hello microsoft. i just want to know why my laptop windows11 tells me to create a pin after waking up. and i want to know how to disable it. thank you...
  4. Using sleep instead shutdown tell me the difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using sleep instead shutdown tell me the difference: I use sleep most of the times to make my life easier but I dont know if im doing it right. Is there any changes if I do shutdown instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sleep-instead-shutdown-tell-me-the/63d824f0-f0e0-4675-b801-2de04fc7c964
  5. Using sleep instead shutdown tell me the difference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using sleep instead shutdown tell me the difference: I use sleep most of the times to make my life easier but I dont know if im doing it right. Is there any changes if I do shutdown instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sleep-instead-shutdown-tell-me-the/63d824f0-f0e0-4675-b801-2de04fc7c964
  6. Using sleep instead shutdown tell me the difference

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Any way to tell system to ignore certain devices when trying to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Any way to tell system to ignore certain devices when trying to sleep?: I have 2 USB devices - Virpil HOTAS controllers - that when plugged in, my PC just will not sleep or even turn off the display. If I unplug them, all is good. I was wondering if there was a way to tell the system to ignore them when trying to sleep. I know there is a powercfg...
  8. I have an issue where every time I tell my computer to sleep, doesn't go into sleep mode

I have an issue where every time I tell my computer to sleep, doesn't go into sleep mode: All of my tabs on Chrome and Edge are closed and anything I was working on in Word or Ppt needs to be recovered and reopened. I make saves of all my documents and Chrome/Edge restart from where they left off but having to constantly reopen things is fairly new. I used to be...
  9. Laptop turns all the way off sometimes when I tell it to sleep

Laptop turns all the way off sometimes when I tell it to sleep: When I put my laptop to sleep by either manually telling it to sleep or closing the lid, it sometimes goes to sleep properly, but in most cases it turns off all the way. Before it turns off the cooling system gets louder and louder until it eventually turns off. If I try to...
  10. Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never...: submitted by /u/kuazikolla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4m1fg/help_my_computer_will_shut_down_on_sleep_mode/