Windows 10: How do I tell Windows 10 to set the Windows Firewall on at start-up?

Discus and support How do I tell Windows 10 to set the Windows Firewall on at start-up? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently started using Windows 10 on a new laptop, which also has the McAfee antivirus pre-installed. About two minutes into a new session, an alert... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BruceUK, Apr 22, 2018.

1. BruceUK Win User

How do I tell Windows 10 to set the Windows Firewall on at start-up?

I recently started using Windows 10 on a new laptop, which also has the McAfee antivirus pre-installed. About two minutes into a new session, an alert appears at the bottom right of the screen. If I click on it, a dialog box appears with an option to switch on the Windows Firewall by clicking an option. There are also two other options relating to the McAfee Firewall. I click the Windows Firewall option and then continue the session. If I don't click on the alert, it disappears after a few seconds, so I miss the opportunity of switching on the Windows Firewall.

Is there an option I can set somewhere in Windows 10 that will automatically set the Windows Firewall on at start-up, rather than having to react to this alert every time?

:)

BruceUK, Apr 22, 2018

2. How do I set num lock to "on" at signup

I would like for the num lock to be set to "on" when I turn on the computer and stay on.

MaryJenkins13, Apr 22, 2018
  3. How do I set num lock to "on" at signup

You can set it to turn on (on startup) from the BIOS menu.

If you know what you're doing, you can go into your motherboard's BIOS and then check the boot menu or section you'll find an option there called "Boot Up Num-Lock" maybe a little different depends on your Motherboard.

WassimJelassi, Apr 22, 2018
  4. How do I tell Windows 10 to set the Windows Firewall on at start-up?

I think I'd hunt through the McAfee settings first. It's more than likely what's stopping it from starting all on its own.

alphanumeric, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

How do I tell Windows 10 to set the Windows Firewall on at start-up?

1. How do I tell Windows 10 to set the Windows Firewall on at start-up? - Similar Threads - tell set Firewall

2. How do i fix my firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my firewall settings?: hello,I downloaded a VPN extension to my microsoft edge, but whenever i try to connect, it doesn’t work. So, I thought the problem was in my firewall settings as i read on before. It was my first time checking firewall settings, and i have no experience with it and know...
  3. How do i fix my firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my firewall settings?: hello,I downloaded a VPN extension to my microsoft edge, but whenever i try to connect, it doesn’t work. So, I thought the problem was in my firewall settings as i read on before. It was my first time checking firewall settings, and i have no experience with it and know...
  4. How do i fix my firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I set up windows credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set up windows credentials: When I try to access another computer on the network I need to enter my credentials. I cant find anywhere to set them up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-windows-credentials/709fe4b5-b4d0-4a60-9619-2264ad7d707b
  6. How do I set apps to run on start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I set apps to run on start-up: I use a desktop customisation app called Rainmeter, which I'd like to automatically open whenever my pc starts up. On searching online the only way I found was to use the "Startup" settings section. However, the setting just displays a blank screen and does not give any...
  7. How do I reinstall WIndows Firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reinstall WIndows Firewall?: I go to "Firewall & Network protection" and see... No action needed Then under Firewall & Network I see ... Domain Network - Firewall On Private Network active - Firewall On Public Network - Firewall On Then I go to "Manage Providers" I see ... Antivirus - Microsoft...
  8. Setting Up Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Up Windows Defender Firewall: Good Day How do I configure Windows 10 firewall to either allow or disallow individual programmes to access the internet. Allow an app through firewall in Firewall and Network protection does not list the individual programmes that are installed on the computer...
  9. How do I set up fax in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I set up fax in Windows 10?: How do I set up fax in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-fax-in-windows-10/08248879-73c9-4e34-82af-c58b36a9dedf
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu How Do I Remove "Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu How Do I Remove "Settings: Has anyone been able to remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu? [img] I have deleted the "Settings.lnk" from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs thinking that may work, it did not. Is there a GPO for this? We don't want our students attempting...