Windows 10: How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties

Discus and support How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A file type .insp which is an image will not display image properties as in File / Properties unless renamed to .jpg. How can I tell windows that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FranciscoRCC, Jun 8, 2023.

1. How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties

A file type .insp which is an image will not display image properties as in File / Properties unless renamed to .jpg. How can I tell windows that this type of files have properties such as with, resolution, comments. If I rename a file to jpg, then add a comment, it shows in detail window explorer but if I rename it back to insp the comments column shows empty and if I rename back to jpg my comment shows again. Please help as some proprietary image files are images.*Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office/Other/For home/Other*

:)

FranciscoRCC, Jun 8, 2023

2. File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 8, 2023
  4. f14tomcat Win User

How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties

Is Windows 1909 considered to be buggy?

To avoid misspelling of some user IDs that may be a little awkward to type, I do a copy/paste from the Quote function, and paste after the @

How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties 250484d1570529620t-windows-1909-considered-buggy-2019-10-08_06h11_38.png

@m3110w

No, there is no drop-down or suggestion list like a Google search, but TF makes up for it by being the best. *Wink

f14tomcat, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties

1. How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties - Similar Threads - tell File Type

2. Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded photos are considered Type: File: When I download pictures, they are automatically converted and downloaded as File instead of a readable picture format. Thank you for any help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-photos-are-considered-type-file/345ee17a-8c74-452a-b076-5af3eee2996a
  3. Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photos are considered Type: File: When I download pictures, they are automatically converted and downloaded as File instead of a readable picture format. Thank you for any help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-photos-are-considered-type-file/345ee17a-8c74-452a-b076-5af3eee2996a
  4. Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change dates on files properties

How do I change dates on files properties: How To Change File Attributes in Windows 10. I don't know exactly what I did but the Accessed:" dates on almost all my files changed. I like all my files to have the same date on the file properties "Created:", "Modify:" and :Accessed:".All I remember was updating to the...
  6. how should i do it?

how should i do it?: Thanks for the answer but I need two computers in order to use it. Your answer is not unique as it often happens but others must have the answer but I don't. You had laid out steps to rid a computer of Yahoo but as soon as I start following the steps, your message is blanked...
  7. How do I change file type ?

How do I change file type ?: I had to install a newer version of a program. Now when I open a folder, all the files still have the old image and it shows the file type as the old version, so when I try to open a particular file, it tries to open in the old version. How can I change the files to the new...
  8. How do I convert a file whose file type=file?

How do I convert a file whose file type=file?: Here is a screenshot showing the file Explorer's listing of the files I need to convert [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-a-file-whose-file-typefile/c81b6b35-f4e2-40d1-9043-4083789171c4
  9. How to tell what type of display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to tell what type of display: Under all the old Windows programs you used to be able to go to display settings and be able to tell which type of monitor and display was which example a Samsung monitor or a Sony TV monitor it used to tell you in the detect portion, you could tell exactly which was...
  10. How do I find file properties like" location"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I find file properties like" location"?: I want the "Photos" app to open certain files from windows explorer by default. When I click on "Open with" the win 10 app "photos" is not on the drop down list. When I go to find it, I right click on the app on the 10 home screen and properties is not listed so I can't get...