Windows 10: How do I toggle ALL opened apps between monitors? Laptop w/ external monitor

Discus and support How do I toggle ALL opened apps between monitors? Laptop w/ external monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft,I have faced an issue where I would have liked to toggle the content of the opened applications between two monitors and I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sevy Benedek, Jan 27, 2022.

1. How do I toggle ALL opened apps between monitors? Laptop w/ external monitor

Dear Microsoft,I have faced an issue where I would have liked to toggle the content of the opened applications between two monitors and I have not found any possible shortcut for this. I know the shortcut Win+Shift+Left Arrow/Right Arrow, but that only toggles the currently used app to the other screen.If there is a way to do that, please let me know. I would really apreciate it.Looking forward to your reply,Sevy Benedek

:)

Sevy Benedek, Jan 27, 2022

2. Applications Not Opening on my External Monitor

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Win 10. I have a Samsung external monitor attached via HDMI.

My background display and task bar DO appear on the external monitor, but when I open applications such as Outlook, Google Chrome, etc., they open on the laptop screen NOT on my external monitor.

I have shutdown both the laptop and external monitor and rebooted. The external monitor is listed in Device listing. I have the display setup for Extended Desktop and when I select Identify, it shows me 1 as the laptop and 2 as the external monitor.
    I have unplugged both ends of the HDMI cable.

How do I get apps to open on my external monitor? Thanks for any assistance. Cheryl

CherylVernon1, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Applications Not Opening on my External Monitor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you are able to view the desktop and task bar on the external monitor, I suggest you to drag the applications from the laptop screen on to the external monitor and check the result.

However, Windows 10 will open the applications on the primary monitor.

Windows retains the position of the application that is opened, if the application is opened and dragged to the secondary monitor, upon closing the application and reopening it. The application will open on the secondary monitor.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

How do I toggle ALL opened apps between monitors? Laptop w/ external monitor

External Monitor

We appreciate your response. To isolate issues caused by resolution, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Display using Cortana.
    • Locate and click on Advanced display settings.
    • Click on the specified monitor.
    • Under Resolution, toggle to 1920 x 1080.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If no change on your second monitor, unplug and replug the HDMI cable on your laptop.

Note: You can click the Open Display Settings button on this
    link
    as an alternative way to open the Display section of Windows.

Should the steps above don't suffice, we'd recommend checking the specified receiver with another computer to further isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

How do I toggle ALL opened apps between monitors? Laptop w/ external monitor

1. How do I toggle ALL opened apps between monitors? Laptop w/ external monitor - Similar Threads - toggle opened apps

2. How do I toggle ALL opened apps between monitors? Laptop w/ external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I toggle ALL opened apps between monitors? Laptop w/ external monitor: Dear Microsoft,I have faced an issue where I would have liked to toggle the content of the opened applications between two monitors and I have not found any possible shortcut for this. I know the shortcut Win+Shift+Left Arrow/Right Arrow, but that only toggles the currently...
  3. Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10: I'm looking for a hotkey to toggle focus between two extended monitors on windows 10. This means, if I have multiple windows open on each I can jump between the top window on either monitor with a single keystroke, regardless of when I last focused on it this is why Alt+Tab...
  4. Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10: I'm looking for a hotkey to toggle focus between two extended monitors on windows 10. This means, if I have multiple windows open on each I can jump between the top window on either monitor with a single keystroke, regardless of when I last focused on it this is why Alt+Tab...
  5. Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  7. How do I make apps open on the correct monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make apps open on the correct monitor?: If i click an app on my right taskbar, it opens on the left, if i click one on the left, it still opens on the left. How do I make it open wherever i click? submitted by /u/SomeCleverName48 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I use the external monitor when laptop is closed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I use the external monitor when laptop is closed?: I Have a Lenovo Twist, running win10. The external monitor is #2 & is set as main display and 'display only on #2'. When I close laptop everything goes to sleep....
  9. External Monitor All Black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor All Black: I have an HP Spectre X360 15" that is set up as dual boot Windows 10 / Ubuntu Linux. It has a Dell 23" external monitor connected via HDMI. I've been using Linux pretty much exclusively over the past several months due to a project I'm working on. When I use the laptop...
  10. Screen save w/dual monitors: apps all move to LH monitor on resume

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen save w/dual monitors: apps all move to LH monitor on resume: Running Win10 AU x64 with dual monitors connected to an nVidia Quadro K2200 video card running the latest 369.09 nVidia driver. My desktop extends across the two monitors and I'm using the standard Windows 10 blank screen save after 10 minutes of inactivity. Both monitors...