Windows 10: How do I toggle the function keys

Discus and support How do I toggle the function keys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm playing a game on my laptop that requires me to use the function keys but on my laptop they have secondary functions like brightness, sound, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlauntyPack56, Nov 13, 2020.

1. How do I toggle the function keys

I'm playing a game on my laptop that requires me to use the function keys but on my laptop they have secondary functions like brightness, sound, etc. Is there a way I can disable these secondary functions?

submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlauntyPack56, Nov 13, 2020

2. To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issue with sound on toggle keys, I suggest you to change the toggle keys settings
    and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from keyboard and type
      Toggle.
    • Select Hear a tone while pressing Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock.
    • Under Toggle keys, change the settings and check.

If the issue still persists, Run troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 13, 2020
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 13, 2020
  4. How do I toggle the function keys

Toggle keys stopped working after Windows 10 update

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toggle keys stopped working after the update. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when the toggle option is turned off in the settings page.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Access Settings from Start Menu.
    • From Settings, click
      Ease of Access.
    • Select Keyboard from the options.
    • Cast a glance at the right pane of Keyboard. you can see
      Toggle Keys option with a slider.
    • Switch the slider to On mode and activate the feature.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

How do I toggle the function keys

1. How do I toggle the function keys - Similar Threads - toggle function keys

2. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable the function keys?: i am gaming and i need to do something with those keys and i cant because of the function that each key has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys/71cb776f-6e85-4a46-b602-57ad168645c4
  3. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable the function keys?: i am gaming and i need to do something with those keys and i cant because of the function that each key has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys/71cb776f-6e85-4a46-b602-57ad168645c4
  4. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i disable the function keys completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  6. How do I toggle the function key lock on my USB keyboard? DESKTOP PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I toggle the function key lock on my USB keyboard? DESKTOP PC: I just got an HP keyboard for my desktop and it's nice and all but I'm having issues when I use it where I have to hold the FN key down in order to use the F1-F12 key functions. I have been searching for a while now on how to fix it, even looking at other support pages on the...
  7. How do I toggle the function key lock on my USB keyboard? DESKTOP PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I toggle the function key lock on my USB keyboard? DESKTOP PC: I just got an HP keyboard for my desktop and it's nice and all but I'm having issues when I use it where I have to hold the FN key down in order to use the F1-F12 key functions. I have been searching for a while now on how to fix it, even looking at other support pages on the...
  8. How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?: Got my Laptop the other day and my volume and brightness keys were working fine, but I guess sometime along the way I must have hit something that disabled those buttons because now I have to hit fn and the media keys for them to work. I've searched online but no luck, how do...
  9. How do I lock the function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I lock the function keys?: Hi all, I just had a quick question. Some games I play require the press of F1-12 keys, although I always have to hold down the Fn key to make them work. Is there any way to lock the F1-12 keys so I don't have to press that Fn button? I commonly see people refer to Fn+Esc,...
  10. How do I change the function key setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the function key setting: How do I change the function keys on my HP Envy Laptop - Windows 10, so that I do not have to hit fn key each time I wish to use the F2, F3, or F4...functions. Currently, the keyboard is setup to adjust brightness, volume, sound etc. Any suggestions would be helpful....