Windows 10: How do i toggle the menu on the left? I want it to always be open when i'm looking at...

Discus and support How do i toggle the menu on the left? I want it to always be open when i'm looking at... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nine_mans11 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nine_mans11, May 11, 2021.

1. How do i toggle the menu on the left? I want it to always be open when i'm looking at...

/u/Nine_mans11, May 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 is there a toggle for menu?

Thank you. Perhaps the toggle should be visible at the top of the opened "all apps" start menu to expand that to a full screen.

It would be helpful on the 8.1 "all apps" full screen to have a button to change icon size - I like small so it looks a list in columns. Others might like medium or large.

Netmouser13, May 11, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

How do i toggle the menu on the left? I want it to always be open when i'm looking at... [​IMG]

How do i toggle the menu on the left? I want it to always be open when i'm looking at... [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, May 11, 2021
  4. How do i toggle the menu on the left? I want it to always be open when i'm looking at...

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, May 11, 2021
Thema:

How do i toggle the menu on the left? I want it to always be open when i'm looking at...

1. How do i toggle the menu on the left? I want it to always be open when i'm looking at... - Similar Threads - toggle menu left

2. How do I solve a game always crashing when I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve a game always crashing when I open it?: Hey so recently I've been going back and playing steam games I used to play and they all seem to work fine but one game, Geometry Dash, always crashes whenever I open it. Been following guides to fix it but nothing is working and i'm fairly certain it will have something to...
  3. How do I solve a game always crashing when I open it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve a game always crashing when I open it?: Hey so recently I've been going back and playing steam games I used to play and they all seem to work fine but one game, Geometry Dash, always crashes whenever I open it. Been following guides to fix it but nothing is working and i'm fairly certain it will have something to...
  4. How do I solve a game always crashing when I open it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When sub-menu's open to left of a menu they disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When sub-menu's open to left of a menu they disappear: This is a recent problem I am having with a program called Sixbit and they think it is a windows problem so that is the reason I am here.When I right click on an item it brings up a menu with a long list of choices I can make. Similar to what happens if I was to right click...
  6. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  7. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  8. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. I want programs to open in background, always.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want programs to open in background, always.: Hi Lets say I'm typing an email, and I know I need to open up another program, let say Photoshop. So I start Photoshop and continue typing my email. Now while Photoshop is opening up, it gives me a welcome screen. So I have to alt-Tab away from that. And then when Photoshop...
  10. Open with drop down menu ALWAYS opens to the left

in Windows 10 Support
    Open with drop down menu ALWAYS opens to the left: Hello , please help resolve this annoying issue When selecting a file and open with , there is a drop down menu that to my knowledge by default open always to the right in Windows, but not if it too far right on the screen then it opens to the left . But in my...