Windows 10: How do I Totally Disable Windows Defender?

Discus and support How do I Totally Disable Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows Defender turned off, but somehow it still manages to pop up blocking things I do not want blocked. I really ticks me off when my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David40GD, Nov 19, 2020.

1. David40GD Win User

How do I Totally Disable Windows Defender?

I have Windows Defender turned off, but somehow it still manages to pop up blocking things I do not want blocked. I really ticks me off when my computer tells me what I can or cannot do. Does anyone know how to totally disable, block, remove Windows Defender?

Thanks

:)

David40GD, Nov 19, 2020

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 19, 2020
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Nov 19, 2020
  4. XweAponX Win User

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Thanks a hell of a lot! I didn't know it turned itself back on after disabling it in Settings, this am when I got up it had deleted something important. I can't afford this happening, even with "exclusions", cos it seems that once something gets swallowed into Defender, you can't get it out of quarantine.

I just did this, Can I get in there and shut off the service now, too? Ah, it's shut off now, but I wanna get rid of the little defender icon. Defender is the one thing left over from earlier versions of Windows I totally despise, although I did use it in Windows 8 for the longest time.

XweAponX, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I Totally Disable Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - Totally Disable Defender

2. Total AV Disabled windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total AV Disabled windows Defender: I have total AV installed on my computer, but it will not enable real time protection. Would it be windows defender is stopping it from working, and if I disable defender would it then work??thankscurly...
  3. Total AV Disabled windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Total AV Disabled windows Defender: I have total AV installed on my computer, but it will not enable real time protection. Would it be windows defender is stopping it from working, and if I disable defender would it then work??thankscurly...
  4. Total AV Disabled windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I temporarily disable windows defender?

How do I temporarily disable windows defender?: I am trying to temporarily disable windows defender on a PC running windows 11. I am not interested in getting a third party security program.When trying to install a program I know for sure is safe as I run it on my other pc, defender blocks the installation and deletes some...
  6. How do I permanently disable Windows Defender

How do I permanently disable Windows Defender: Seriously, how do I do it. It’s driving me insane. It keeps turning itself on randomly, sometimes a few SECONDS after I turn it off, making the computer unusable. I don’t need some silly antivirus running in the background constantly, I know how the internet works. How do I...
  7. How do I permanently disable Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I permanently disable Windows Defender: Seriously, how do I do it. It’s driving me insane. It keeps turning itself on randomly, sometimes a few SECONDS after I turn it off, making the computer unusable. I don’t need some silly antivirus running in the background constantly, I know how the internet works. How do I...
  8. How do I totally disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I totally disable windows updates: Hi,I am going to run a software I made, that will probably take days to finish. I need to totally disable the update feature because it makes the system reboot.I have so far been able to configure the update to wait for a week with no changes to the system, but I can't find a...
  9. How do I PERMANENTLY disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I PERMANENTLY disable Windows Defender?: Yes, I am aware installing another AV disables it. I just want to have no antivirus at all, however. I've tried using regedit to create a d-word value DisableAntiSpyware, but it gets deleted after every restart for some odd reason. I do not have windows 10 pro, so I can't...
  10. How do I totally disable Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I totally disable Edge browser?: I thought I had disabled this browser when I setup my new Windows 10 OS upgrade. But every time I use Ccleaner I get a message that it is running and do I want to close it. So how can I get rid of this problem? 44609