Windows 10: How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro machine with two user accounts. One of the accounts has Excel and Word installed on in and I can't get it to show up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DetroitMilty, Oct 11, 2018.

1. How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro?

I have a Windows 10 Pro machine with two user accounts. One of the accounts has Excel and Word installed on in and I can't get it to show up in the other account. How can I allow the second user on my machine access to the same programs that are on the first users account?

:)

DetroitMilty, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro? :(

Zakin, Oct 11, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 11, 2018
  4. How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro?

Transferring an account on Windows 10 (EDITED)

Hi,

As you are facing issue with transferring an account on windows 10, I would surely help you with it.

But I would like to know the below information,

• Entire account: are you referring to a Microsoft account or a local user account?
    If it is a Microsoft user account the same settings will synchronize to the new user account.

Steps to transfer the files to the new admin user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on OS (C How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro? :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/ files to the new user account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro?

1. How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - transfer Program between

2. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?: I recently had a hard disk failure and had to replace it. I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and gone through all the updates to bring it current version 22H2. In the User Account, it shows an abbreviated version of my nickname and that is what is used in the path to my...
  3. How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?: Hello! If I want to create a new user on my PC, what determines what files and programs that transfers from my main admin-user to the new user? I created a new user on my computer and some programs and files came with it and some didn't. submitted by /u/ReactedLizard...
  4. transferring files between user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring files between user accounts: How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant because that account is an administrator account and it can't be copied to any user account. help me to solve this problem....
  5. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user...
  6. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user...
  7. transferring data between user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring data between user accounts: Ok so basically what has happened is my brother has been on my pc and signed into my friends microsoft account and "linked" it or something and now his microsoft account holds all my data and cookies and pretty much everything i have ever done on my pc. i uased a local...
  8. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.: Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something...
  9. App Transfer Between Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Transfer Between Accounts: I redeemed an app code for a game for my windows 10 PC a year ago but I accidently did it on this (my father's) account instead of on mine while the account that is usually logged on the PC is my account. is there a way I can transfer it between the accounts so it will be on...
  10. How to Transfer Users between isolated computers.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Transfer Users between isolated computers.: Hello. Can you help me solve my USERS problem below? I have 30 New, Windows 10 v1703, stand alone computers - no network, no server... [They must remain isolated - l_o_n_g story - don't ask.] I need to add 53 users, identical list, to each computer. The data I enter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer a program between user accounts

2. transfer programs between users

3. windows account transfer between

4. transfer files and programs between accounts on windows 10