Windows 10: How do I transfer apps and settings from not bootable HD to ssd?

Discus and support How do I transfer apps and settings from not bootable HD to ssd? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night I had a failed attempt at cloning my drive to a ssd. The clone worked, however I could not boot into it. while fighting with the bios on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottMills1, Mar 4, 2019.

1. How do I transfer apps and settings from not bootable HD to ssd?

Last night I had a failed attempt at cloning my drive to a ssd. The clone worked, however I could not boot into it. while fighting with the bios on a my Dell OptiPlex 790 I deleted something and could not reboot into the old drive. reinstalled windows on ssd and now I want to transfer files, apps and settings to the new hard drive as I can still access the data. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ScottMills1, Mar 4, 2019
  2. ProxCor3 Win User

Reformatting SSD and not HD

Hello there!

I have an MSI Laptop with a 128gb SSD and a 500gb HD.

I have windows installed on my SSD and personal files on my HD. But now my SSD is almost full i wish to format it / reinstall windows 10 on it for a fresh start, but without losing the data on my HD.

I have been using Mac OSX for the past ten and am very out of touch of windows.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this would be awesome.

Many thanks.

Alex

ProxCor3, Mar 4, 2019
  3. robal Win User
    Seemless transfer after SSD failure and bios dual-booting

The free solution is "gParted".
    Available as bootable CD or USB stick.

After transferring partitions with gParted, you may have to use Windows boot DVD to do "startup repair".

Cheers

[sorry: no 'explained in steps' for now.. no time :/]

robal, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

How do I transfer apps and settings from not bootable HD to ssd?

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

How do I transfer apps and settings from not bootable HD to ssd?

1. How do I transfer apps and settings from not bootable HD to ssd? - Similar Threads - transfer apps settings

2. How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer the operating system from one SSD to another?: Good day, I've just installed an additional M.2 SSD into my laptop. I want to migrate the OS from my first SSD to the new one.Could you assist me with this issue?If I migrate from one SSD to another, will I lose the license of my Windows OS I want to transfer the OS along...
  3. How do I make a bootable cloned ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make a bootable cloned ssd.: I have a pretty old computer. An hp pavilion prebuilt desktop from 2011. It has a very old hdd with more than 400gb. I bought a 240gb Kingston ssd from amazon. I tried to install windows 10 on the ssd but because the computer is old it didn't work. Can anyone please tell what...
  4. How do I make a bootable cloned ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make a bootable cloned ssd.: I have a pretty old computer. An hp pavilion prebuilt desktop from 2011. It has a very old hdd with more than 400gb. I bought a 240gb Kingston ssd from amazon. I tried to install windows 10 on the ssd but because the computer is old it didn't work. Can anyone please tell what...
  5. How do i transfer files from my HDD to my SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i transfer files from my HDD to my SSD?: I bought a ssd and I need to know how i can transfer all my files from that hard drive to the ssd. I deleted enough apps to make sure my HDD has enough space to transfer all the downloads and files, etc, to my SSD. I also want to make it so windows boots off my SSD instead of...
  6. How do I transfer drivers from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I transfer drivers from HDD to SSD?: I’m currently running a hard disk as a main boot drive. I have all my drivers on it but I wanted to run an SSD for faster boot time and better performance. Is there a way to avoid driver hunting and just move all of my drivers on a boot SSD? submitted by /u/yagop1 [link]...
  7. How to transfer programs and windows settings from HDD to SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer programs and windows settings from HDD to SSD.: I just got a new SSD which I installed windows on my laptop and I want to transfer my system settings and programs from the old HDD but I don't know how to do this without manually copying and pasting files from the old HDD. I've looked for solutions online but most of the...
  8. How to move OS from HD to SSD ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move OS from HD to SSD ?: So i have about a 100 gb ssd. its connected to a different sata than the hard drive windows 10 is installed. How do i get just the OS to run from that ssd ? I want to use the hard drive just for software and different files as storage. Im getting a new ssd i want to use...
  9. How to move OS from HD to SSD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move OS from HD to SSD ?: So i have about a 100 gb ssd. its connected to a different sata than the hard drive windows 10 is installed. How do i get just the OS to run from that ssd ? I want to use the hard drive just for software and different files as storage. Im getting a new ssd i want to use...
  10. How do I Transfer Apps from my SSD to my Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I Transfer Apps from my SSD to my Hard Drive?: 1. How do I transfer apps like One Drive, Back up and Sync, and Dropbox that include other files from the cloud? I would want to transfer both the apps and the cloud documents. 2. How do I transfer SOME games from steam? 3. How do I direct the installation of some...