Windows 10: How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V?

Discus and support How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LarryWickline, Jul 21, 2019.

1. How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V?

how do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: windows XP and hyper-v problems

:)

LarryWickline, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

I am using the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine software on 1 of my Windows 10 PCs and have all kinds of VMs (Guest OSes) under it.
    By default, Hyper-V gives very basic GPU capability to the VMs, without even 2D acceleration, but for Windows Vista or higher Guest OSes, an option to have some 2D/3D GPU/DirectX acceleration exists by adding a RemoteFX adapter to the Guest OS.

When I do this, then run GPU-Z on the VM/Guest OS, NO proper (or any) info shows, see screenshot:

How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V? jae.png

Larger shot is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kxya995jrn8io7/img-2017-02-23-10-18-28.png?dl=0

DxDiag info of GPU is here: Файл из Облака Mail.Ru

Expected: Show Microsoft logo as videocard maker logo, list OS used (Windows 10 in this case, but could be Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1/etc), and amount of memory of the GPU (such as 128 MB, 256 MB/etc).

Please add!

3. PhilB_VA Win User
    Hyper-V, Windows 10 and Transfers

I upgraded my Windows 10 Home recently to Windows 10 Pro to use Hyper-V for legacy software. I set up Hyper-V without too much difficulty, installed Windows XP as the operating system, and everything operated fine. Then I discovered Hyper-V seems to be
    user-hostile when it comes to transferring files from the host PC to the VM. Most of the help I found on the internet was highly technical and/or written several years ago when Hyper-V rolled out on Windows 8 or 8.1.

Microsoft's VPC 2007 was a wonderful, intuitive piece of software. I miss it. Do you have step-by-step instructions in simple English for configuring Hyper-V to share documents with the host PC, and vice versa? Do you have any insight whether a simplified
    fix is coming in the near future?

PhilB_VA, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V?

Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

No, the RemoteFX adapter provides good enough 2D/3D acceleration just fine. Not software in any way, it is full hardware 2D/3D acceleration.
    I am not using a generic driver in the Host OS, nor in the Guest OS in any way.
    Host OS has latest AMD Radeon drivers, Guest OS - the matching RemoteFX drivers.

I am not 3D rendering or playing heavy games in the VM, of course. *Smile How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V? :)
    I do not use or need Linux here. Windows 10 Host, Windows Guests.

Thema:

How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V?

1. How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V? - Similar Threads - transfer files host

2. [Hyper-V] I can't switch Guest OSVirtual server Hyper-V to Host OSPhysical server in nomal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Hyper-V] I can't switch Guest OSVirtual server Hyper-V to Host OSPhysical server in nomal...: I've been constructed a system server which is using Hyper-V technology.To construct Heper-V Virtual Machine, I installed Windows Server 2016 Standard to Virtual machine.When I access to Virtual Machine via Host OS's Hyper-V Manager, I can't go back to Host OS from Guest OS...
  3. [Hyper-V] I can't switch Guest OSVirtual server Hyper-V to Host OSPhysical server in nomal...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Hyper-V] I can't switch Guest OSVirtual server Hyper-V to Host OSPhysical server in nomal...: I've been constructed a system server which is using Hyper-V technology.To construct Heper-V Virtual Machine, I installed Windows Server 2016 Standard to Virtual machine.When I access to Virtual Machine via Host OS's Hyper-V Manager, I can't go back to Host OS from Guest OS...
  4. Clipboard between host and Hyper-V guest not working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clipboard between host and Hyper-V guest not working: I enabled Hyper-V and installed Windows XP (for very old apps). Everything seemed to be fine until I realize that I cannot transfer files between the host and the guest using clipboard! Any idea? Thanks! 169021
  5. Hyper-V vs VMWare (In context of copying files from host to guest)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hyper-V vs VMWare (In context of copying files from host to guest): I know that when copying files from host to guest, "DataExchangeHost.exe" is used to exchange data.. now this happens when we are using Hyper-V as as a hypervisor... my question is what is the similar executable in case of using VMWare as a hypervisor instead of Hyper-V?...
  6. Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed

Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed: What are the best memory settings for a Windows 10 Guest on Hyper-V? 16 Gb of physical memory 127556
  7. Very slow file transfer from hyper-v to host drive

Very slow file transfer from hyper-v to host drive: I have my hard drives connected using enhanced mode options to a hyper-v vm (10 pro). I have always had issues with slow file transfer, and was pointed down route of setting up folders as network shares, and I got much faster file transfer times. However, I am trying to...
  8. Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V: I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC 2007. 29817
  9. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest: I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen. On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is...
  10. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?: Hi, I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how. Can anyone help, please? 30409

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File transfer from hyper-v to host

2. transfer files to windows xp vm