Windows 10: how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc?

Discus and support how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Looking for a simple way to transfer from my old pc to my new pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PanamaBoyLUTZ, Jan 24, 2019.

1. how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc?

Looking for a simple way to transfer from my old pc to my new pc.

:)

PanamaBoyLUTZ, Jan 24, 2019

2. Transfer all files from old PC to new one

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

• But now for the good news: Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you

PCmover Express
      – a tool for transferring selected files, folders and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC. And even more good news – it’s free!

Mike Hall... always, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Old PC to New PC data transfer

Purchased new desktop and need help with identifying best way to transfer my data from the old PC to the new PC,

I have about 600 GB to move. Many thanks.

ThomasTsatsonis, Dec 16, 2019
  4. PKJ
    pkj Win User

how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc?

Transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC

I have purchased a new PC and I would like to transfer Windows license from my old PC to the new one. I am using Windows 10 (which was upgraded from Win 8.1) on my older computer and is activated with a licence linked to my Microsoft account. On my new PC, I have installed fresh copy of Win 10 using Media Creation Tool. To activate Windows on the new PC, I attempted the following, but have not deactivated Windows on the old PC (deactivation procedure described here)-

Settings > Update & Security > Activation> Troubleshoot> I changed hardware on this device recently> Logged into my connected Microsoft account > This is the device I’m using right now > Activate.

After performing the above, I am unable to activate Windows on my new PC. Please help me with the following-

1. Do I need to deactivate windows on older PC first?
    2. Does Microsoft entitle users to transfer licenses to new PC?
    3. Is there anything else which I have missed out?

If this helps- slmgr -dli gives the following

how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc? LTP2X.jpg

Thema:

how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc?

1. how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc? - Similar Threads - transfer old

2. How can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro License from my old Surface Pro 5 to my Surface Pro 8...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro License from my old Surface Pro 5 to my Surface Pro 8...: My old Surface Pro 5 has Windows Pro. In fact I recently upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. My newer Surface Pro 8 has Window 11 but the only home edition. Ideally I would like the Pro edition on my SP8 and the home edition on my SP5. Is there a way of doing this?...
  3. How can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro License from my old Surface Pro 5 to my Surface Pro 8...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro License from my old Surface Pro 5 to my Surface Pro 8...: My old Surface Pro 5 has Windows Pro. In fact I recently upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. My newer Surface Pro 8 has Window 11 but the only home edition. Ideally I would like the Pro edition on my SP8 and the home edition on my SP5. Is there a way of doing this?...
  4. Transfer old windows key to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer old windows key to new computer: I am hoping that I can do this. My last computer crashed and I cannot find the original CD key that is paired with that computer. I have the computer still linked to my account and plan on building my computer today. I am hoping for some guidance on how to activate it on the...
  5. Transfer old windows key to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer old windows key to new computer: I am hoping that I can do this. My last computer crashed and I cannot find the original CD key that is paired with that computer. I have the computer still linked to my account and plan on building my computer today. I am hoping for some guidance on how to activate it on the...
  6. Transfer old windows key to new computer

7. How can I transfer my retail copy of Windows 10 Home from my old Microsoft account to my...

How can I transfer my retail copy of Windows 10 Home from my old Microsoft account to my...: Hi All,I need to transfer my retail copy of Windows 10 Home from my old Microsoft account to my new Microsoft Account. I have access to both accounts. I would like to consolidate all to the new account moving forward. Both the old and new MS account are on the same PC, so no...
  8. Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hello,I have an old laptop that came with Windows 10 Home license when i bought it then I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from the store. Can i transfer the Pro license to the new laptop? And Will the old laptop fall back to Windows 10 Home license or it will be unlicensed?...
  9. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  10. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476