Windows 10: how do i transfer music from a sd card to my computer

Discus and support how do i transfer music from a sd card to my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; anyone know how to transfer music from a sd card to my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reglowe1, Feb 26, 2020.

1. reglowe1 Win User

how do i transfer music from a sd card to my computer

anyone know how to transfer music from a sd card to my computer

:)

reglowe1, Feb 26, 2020

2. Copy Files from Hard Drive to SD Card - Painfully Slow Transfer

I am in the process of transferring files from my laptop's hard drive to a 256 GB SD card in the laptop's card reader slot. The transfer started quickly but then it slowed down drastically and has stayed down since. I've looked at some similar posts and tried a few of the fixes that worked for others but none of them have worked for me and I'm still transferring at an incredibly slow pace.

I should note that I'm transferring music files from my computer to the SD card. I have about 50 GB that I would like to put on the card but it would take me a week at the rate it's going now.

Anyone have any suggestions?

THANKS!

Martin d35, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Transferring data from laptop to micro sd card

Hi,

To help you in transferring the files from your PC to your SD card, follow the steps below:

• Connect the micro SD card reader to your computer.
    • Plug the micro SD card into the card reader.
    • Open the folder that contains files you want to transfer to the SD card.
    • Select the files, press and hold "Ctrl" and then, click the files that you want to transfer. Or press "Ctrl + A" to select all the files in the folder.
    • Press "Ctrl + C" to copy the files.
    • Choose a drive on your SD card and open the folder where you want to store the files.
    • Press "Ctrl + V" to paste the files.
    • Wait until all files are transferred then, remove the micro SD card from the card reader.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Julie Ram, Feb 26, 2020
  4. L925 Win User

Transferring Music from phone to SD card on L730

I recently purchased L730, White, India with Lumia Denim out of the box. I downloaded few songs from the Mix Radio which were saved on the phone's internal memory as I did not have HC SD card initially. When I purchased it, I wanted to transfer all the music
    to the SD card.

I first tried to transfer it from with in OS using 'Files' but couldn't as it can't transfer folders. Need to enter each folder and copy songs individually. It's impossible as there were too many folders.

Second, I connected the phone to PC via USB and tried to copy form phone memory to SD card directly - from phone's music folder to SD card's music folder. But it used to get stuck up after some time. There was no progress for a very long time. If I press
    'cancel', the process gets cancelled but phone hangs which needs soft reset to get back on.

Third, I copied music from phone memory to PC and from PC to SD card - the process to extremely slow, taking 2 hours just to transfer 144 MB of music, even then it shows error copying some songs randomly.(Can Not Copy. The device has either stopped responding
    or has been disconnected.) The device is connected and working fine.

I downloaded all files from Mix radio - all DRM free. I wanted to maintain the directory structure as I received from Mix Radio, did not want to dump all music files in one single folder, so phone creates albums list properly. The card is transcend SDHC
    4 GB card. Also I formatted it from within the Lumia 730.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

1. how do i transfer music from a sd card to my computer - Similar Threads - transfer music card

2. How do I allow my device to accept media transfers from a SD card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I allow my device to accept media transfers from a SD card?: How do I allow my computer to accept media transfers from my SD card. It has worked fine for two years and now it won't allow the transfer....
  3. How do I allow my device to accept media transfers from a SD card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I allow my device to accept media transfers from a SD card?: How do I allow my computer to accept media transfers from my SD card. It has worked fine for two years and now it won't allow the transfer....
  4. How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?: I need some storage for my pc so I bought an SD Card, I wanted to transfer some files into it, but everytime I tried it just copied the files and put it into the SD Card. I tried searching for an answer, but the same bs kept showing up. I really need an answer please....
  5. How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?

How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?: I need some storage for my pc so I bought an SD Card, I wanted to transfer some files into it, but everytime I tried it just copied the files and put it into the SD Card. I tried searching for an answer, but the same bs kept showing up. I really need an answer please....
  6. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card: Dear Sir or Madam,I tried to transfer video files from Mac to PC, using SD card. So, I copied the files from Mac to SD, but when I inserted the SD into PC, the PC does not read it at all. I switched the SD, to make sure the slot is working, and PC read the new one easily. I...
  7. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card: Dear Sir or Madam,I tried to transfer video files from Mac to PC, using SD card. So, I copied the files from Mac to SD, but when I inserted the SD into PC, the PC does not read it at all. I switched the SD, to make sure the slot is working, and PC read the new one easily. I...
  8. Playing music from a micro SD card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playing music from a micro SD card: So i have like 40 gigs of music stored on a micro sd card which i have inside an adapter and plugged into my sd card slot on my laptop, i want to be able to listen to music without spinning up my hdd all the time as i rarely need to access it, but while playing music it will...
  9. How do I transfer music from Laptop to iPod?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer music from Laptop to iPod?: How do I transfer Music from Laptop to iPod? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-music-from-laptop-to-ipod/0fac0bbc-dd3e-4a9f-93ca-5a769e92a115
  10. import photos to my computer from SD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    import photos to my computer from SD card?: I downloaded Driver Support so how now how do I import photos from SD card to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-photos-to-my-computer-from-sd-card/2f503357-a0a0-456f-8329-0e321a1cf76f