Windows 10: How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?

Discus and support How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My current hard drive is running at 100% even when the computer is idle. This has led me to buy a new hard drive. How can I transfer the copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NebulaDestoyer, Feb 24, 2019.

1. How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?

My current hard drive is running at 100% even when the computer is idle. This has led me to buy a new hard drive. How can I transfer the copy of windows my computer has onto the new hard drive?

:)

NebulaDestoyer, Feb 24, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive? :)

dhdude, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Transferring Steam to a new Hard Drive?

What's the best way to transfer all your steam games to a new hard drive? Can you just copy the entire folder to the new HD and hope for the best?

EastCoasthandle, Feb 24, 2019
  4. How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?

1. How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive? - Similar Threads - transfer copy onto

2. How do I copy a music CD to the hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I copy a music CD to the hard drive: How do I copy a music cd to the hard drive using Windows Media Player on Windows 10 Media Player version 11.2310.8.0 Rip Settings only allows changing file format and bit rate. There is no menu for Tools etc....
  3. How do I transfer Windows 10 to a new drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer Windows 10 to a new drive?: Currently, my OS is installed on an SSD. I want to upgrade the size of the SSD, so I want to move the OS to my hard drive, replace the SSD, and move the OS back to the new SSD. How do I move the storage device the OS is installed on?...
  4. How do I transfer Windows 10 to a new drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer Windows 10 to a new drive?: Currently, my OS is installed on an SSD. I want to upgrade the size of the SSD, so I want to move the OS to my hard drive, replace the SSD, and move the OS back to the new SSD. How do I move the storage device the OS is installed on?...
  5. Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?: I have a laptop that came with Windows preinstalled. I recently bought a SSD to replace the HDD with, but I don't have any ability to clone the old hard drive to the new. I have all the files I need, but I don't want to have to buy Windows again. Is it possible to transfer...
  6. trying to reinstall windows onto my new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to reinstall windows onto my new hard drive: I'm swapping out my hard drive in my pc and I had to download a windows installer from the microsoft website. When I try to install windows I got an error message saying the hard disk needs to be GPT partition style for windows. I found instructions on how to convert the disk...
  7. How to Transfer Windows onto new drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Transfer Windows onto new drive: So, I have a spare 1TB SSHD that I’d like to replace my factory HDD used for the default C drive on my laptop. Is there an easy tutorial that could help me get Windows onto the current spare, so I can boot into the OS after replacing the old HDD? submitted by /u/AyValo...
  8. How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive: How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-dvds-cds-to-a-hard-drive/83c9ae73-c8da-4772-90da-1bd6a77cd89c
  9. i want to transfer all the files in my C: hard drive onto a external hard drive. is it safe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i want to transfer all the files in my C: hard drive onto a external hard drive. is it safe?: im thinking about buying the seagate 1tb backup plus USB 3.0 slim - stdr1000100 if i did buy it and transfer everything including program files, users, Windows, and more. would it break my laptop? thanks, Jesse...
  10. Copying files onto a win10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files onto a win10 hard drive: I'm trying to figure out what MS changed in Win10. *I typically hook a screwed 10 PC's hard drive to my computer and copy all their files before reinstalling windows. *Then after windows has been reinstalled I hook their hard drive to my pc and copy the files back. *Problem...