Windows 10: How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

Discus and support How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says I need to transfer my copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer but the old hard drive it was on was wiped. I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheBombFiveFourFive, Apr 10, 2019.

1. How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

As the title says I need to transfer my copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer but the old hard drive it was on was wiped.

I still have access and am logged in with the account I used, I have the original codes and proof of purchase, I just need to find out how to activate it on my new PC. Many thanks.

:)

TheBombFiveFourFive, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Hi,

If you already played Minecraft from its previous PC or Mac version (running Java), you will be eligible to download Minecraft: Windows 10 edition for free. Normally, you'll be able to download the full version right after you redeem the Minecraft: Windows
    10 Beta code to your Windows 10 computer. In your case, there's a possibility it doesn't detect the beta code that you redeemed. We recommend that you reset the Windows Store to clear the store cache on your computer by performing the following steps:

• Press  Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer and reinstall the game.

To know more about Minecraft: Windows 10 edition, you may refer to this link.

Let us know if the solution works for you.

Ariel Acu, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Issues with redeeming code for Minecraft Beta Edition.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    redeeming a code for Minecraft Beta Edition app on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if the code is not redeemed properly or it is already redeemed.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "redeem my Minecraft Beta edition", how exactly have you tried to redeem the code?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about redeeming the code and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learn-gift-card

Please get back to us with an update on issue with redeeming code for
    Minecraft Beta Edition app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 10, 2019
  4. How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

Can't find a way to Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for new account.

Hi,

Digital licenses are associated with the account used to redeem the game codes. In order to download the full version of Minecraft on Windows 10, you'll need to use the account that owns the game license. Transferring licenses from one account to another
    is unavailable as this will go against the Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology that protects account licenses.

We suggest that you download the game using the account that owns the license and set up family feature. This will allow your new account to access the items you've downloaded. Refer to

Set up your family
    for the steps.

You may also visit this
    link
    for more information regarding Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Catherine Cus., Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

1. How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer? - Similar Threads - transfer free copy

2. Transfering my free Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering my free Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer: Hi, so I need some help. On my old computer, I bought Minecraft java edition. With java edition, I got a free Minecraft Win10 key and redeemed it on that Minecraft on the account I am saying this. Now I have a new pc and want the same Minecraft: Win10. I cant re-use the key...
  3. How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one: how do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-license-from-an-old-computer/df3f59b2-7b9d-4e6e-a4b9-c57cff398e15"
  4. How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?: My current hard drive is running at 100% even when the computer is idle. This has led me to buy a new hard drive. How can I transfer the copy of windows my computer has onto the new hard drive?...
  5. How do I transfer my windows 10 license key to another computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer my windows 10 license key to another computer?: Hi, basically when I went to college, i left my old pc behind. Id like to deactivate windows remotely on this old pc and reinstall it on my new one im building. Is there any way to do this, because I upgraded that old pc from windows 8, and it became a digital license. Thanks...
  6. i want to transfer minecraft xbox edition to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to transfer minecraft xbox edition to my laptop: i recently bought the minecraft xbox disc and it installed on my account but on my computer it says the only game i have is forza horizon 4 demo, and the free windows ten edition has ended plz help....
  7. How do I download Minecraft Windows 10 edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download Minecraft Windows 10 edition?: Today I was on my second windows ten laptop. On my first laptop I have minecraft windows 10. The only problem is I want to transfer minecraft to my second laptop using the same microsoft account. Is ther a way to do this, and if there is, how?...
  8. I attempted to redeem my free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, but something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I attempted to redeem my free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, but something went wrong: Okay, so here's my issue: Around over a year ago, I bought and installed Minecraft: Java Edition. Fast forward to about 6 months ago, and I realized that I was able to receive a free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition with my purchase. I tried to redeem my code then, but...
  9. Transfer my Minecraft MS edition to my brother's account (as a gift)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer my Minecraft MS edition to my brother's account (as a gift): Am I able to transfer the Minecraft that is applied to my Microsoft account to my brother's Microsoft account? I redeemed it on my account thinking I could link it to my brother's Minecraft account, but alas I cannot. Is it possible, or will he have to use my account to play...
  10. how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc: how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-do-i-transfer-my-windows-10-to-another-new-pc/e4e14c8e-ceaf-4e35-8769-a12b6c0f7663