Windows 10: How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

Discus and support How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says I need to transfer my copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer but the old hard drive it was on was wiped. I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheBombFiveFourFive, Apr 10, 2019.

1. How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

As the title says I need to transfer my copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer but the old hard drive it was on was wiped.

I still have access and am logged in with the account I used, I have the original codes and proof of purchase, I just need to find out how to activate it on my new PC. Many thanks.

:)

TheBombFiveFourFive, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Hi,

If you already played Minecraft from its previous PC or Mac version (running Java), you will be eligible to download Minecraft: Windows 10 edition for free. Normally, you'll be able to download the full version right after you redeem the Minecraft: Windows
    10 Beta code to your Windows 10 computer. In your case, there's a possibility it doesn't detect the beta code that you redeemed. We recommend that you reset the Windows Store to clear the store cache on your computer by performing the following steps:

• Press  Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer and reinstall the game.

To know more about Minecraft: Windows 10 edition, you may refer to this link.

Let us know if the solution works for you.

Ariel Acu, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Issues with redeeming code for Minecraft Beta Edition.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    redeeming a code for Minecraft Beta Edition app on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if the code is not redeemed properly or it is already redeemed.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "redeem my Minecraft Beta edition", how exactly have you tried to redeem the code?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about redeeming the code and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learn-gift-card

Please get back to us with an update on issue with redeeming code for
    Minecraft Beta Edition app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 10, 2019
  4. How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

Can't find a way to Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for new account.

Hi,

Digital licenses are associated with the account used to redeem the game codes. In order to download the full version of Minecraft on Windows 10, you'll need to use the account that owns the game license. Transferring licenses from one account to another
    is unavailable as this will go against the Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology that protects account licenses.

We suggest that you download the game using the account that owns the license and set up family feature. This will allow your new account to access the items you've downloaded. Refer to

Set up your family
    for the steps.

You may also visit this
    link
    for more information regarding Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Catherine Cus., Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

1. How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer? - Similar Threads - transfer free copy

2. Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?: I am going to build a new PC and want to find out if I can transfer my copy of Windows 10 to the new build. It seems like it is very difficult to find out exactly what license you have on your copies of windows. Currently, I have 3 copies:I have an OEM version of Windows on a...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition in Mar 2021 on Microsoft Store. I want to transfer it to a new computer. How do I do this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-edition-transfer-to-new/817fd226-e26b-4b7a-88b4-30a9e1bfc5e5
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition in Mar 2021 on Microsoft Store. I want to transfer it to a new computer. How do I do this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-edition-transfer-to-new/817fd226-e26b-4b7a-88b4-30a9e1bfc5e5
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free Copy: I had redeemed my free copy of Minecraft windows 10 a long time ago on a relative's Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the account and would still like to play Windows 10 Edition without purchasing the game again. Is there anything I could do to get another copy?...
  7. How do I transfer Windows 10 Minecraft to my other computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer Windows 10 Minecraft to my other computer?: Basically, I have got Minecraft Windows 10I with my Java account a few years ago with a code, I have logged onto my microsoft account on the microsoft store but it says I have to pay for the game again even though I have owned it....
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free Copy Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free Copy Not Working: I was trying to claim my free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, and when I was redirected to the Microsoft page where it usually autofills in the code, it didn't fill in the code at all. I have tried this many times and it still isn't working....
  9. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Free Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Free Copy: I haven't played in a long while so I haven't been keeping up with Minecraft or anything like that but a group of friends recently got back into it on PS4 and I apparently missed out on the free offer. I qualify as I purchased Minecraft in 2010 and it was my understanding...
  10. Transfering my free Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering my free Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer: Hi, so I need some help. On my old computer, I bought Minecraft java edition. With java edition, I got a free Minecraft Win10 key and redeemed it on that Minecraft on the account I am saying this. Now I have a new pc and want the same Minecraft: Win10. I cant re-use the key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer minecraft for windows 10 to new pc

2. how do i transfer minecraft to new computer

3. how to transfer minecraft windows 10 to another computer