Windows 10: How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one

Discus and support How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; how do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 1dickroche, Feb 27, 2019.

1. How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one

how do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one

:)

1dickroche, Feb 27, 2019

2. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 27, 2019
  4. How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one

Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Greg said the old PC still remain activated even after uninstall product key and transfer it to the new machine and you said it will be invalidated on the old computer after transfer it to the new machine.

Which is true? I'm still confused with this license on old PC.

HendryGunawan, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one

1. How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one - Similar Threads - transfer license old

2. Can I transfer Windows 11 from my old computer to my new one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer Windows 11 from my old computer to my new one?: First, sorry if none of this makes sense. I'm not big on computers.I'm working on building a new PC, would I be able/allowed to do the whole media creation tool, bootable disk thing on the new one using my old computer, or will I have to purchase a Windows 11 license again?Or...
  3. How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?: When I built my computer in 2018 I purchased a retail license directly from Microsoft to run windows. I have now built a new computer and disconnected the old computer. I had confirmed that my License was a Digital License linked to my Microsoft Account.I have read in...
  4. How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?: When I built my computer in 2018 I purchased a retail license directly from Microsoft to run windows. I have now built a new computer and disconnected the old computer. I had confirmed that my License was a Digital License linked to my Microsoft Account.I have read in...
  5. How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.

Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.: I have an old HP laptop which I upgraded from Win 7 to Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer the license key from that laptop before recycling it, to my desktop PC I run with a digital license....
  7. How do I transfer Minecraft from an old computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer Minecraft from an old computer to a new one: I got minecraft for my son a couple of years ago, but he has now changed to a new computer. How do I get minecraft for his new computer? I did go to the downloader but it is asking me to purchase it, I have tried signing in with both his and my microsoft account, and nothing...
  8. How do I transfer my Microsoft License to a new computer?

How do I transfer my Microsoft License to a new computer?: How do I transfer my Microsoft License to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-microsoft-license-to-a-new/e161d5fd-5521-401d-ae3e-cf3bf096e8fd
  9. My License Won't Transfer? New Computer - Old One Died

My License Won't Transfer? New Computer - Old One Died: Hello, I just finished assembling my new computer since my old one bit the seriously big one, and when I tried to activate my license it said it could not do it. This is a new hard drive as well, and almost all of the parts are new as well. Why won't the license port over...
  10. How do I transfer all my files and information from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer all my files and information from my old computer to my new computer?: I need help knowing how to transfer everything including my files and information my old computer to my new computer by using a USB drive. Please Help!!!...