Windows 10: how do i transfer my microsoft account's contents to another account which is still linked?

Discus and support how do i transfer my microsoft account's contents to another account which is still linked? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I want to keep the stuff on my desktop, my Pictures, and my Documents. But Roblox Studio doesn't want to work properly for my user account. Any way... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EvanRaby, Aug 15, 2020.

1. EvanRaby Win User

how do i transfer my microsoft account's contents to another account which is still linked?

I want to keep the stuff on my desktop, my Pictures, and my Documents.

But Roblox Studio doesn't want to work properly for my user account.

Any way to make a new account and link it to my MS account, while keeping my stuff?

:)

EvanRaby, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Aug 15, 2020
  4. AFJ
    AFJ Win User

how do i transfer my microsoft account's contents to another account which is still linked?

Remove Microsoft linked account in Windows 10

This question refers to steps 3 and 4 in the thread How to rename the User folder in Windows 10?

The troublesome steps are:

3) Remove original Microsoft linked account

4) Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish

I was stuck on those 2 steps. I couldn't find a way in Windows 10 to remove the Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

Thema:

1. how do i transfer my microsoft account's contents to another account which is still linked? - Similar Threads - transfer microsoft account's

2. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-a-digital-license/677411be-556f-42e5-9115-40625081ab26
  3. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-a-digital-license/677411be-556f-42e5-9115-40625081ab26
  4. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?

How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?: I have different Microsoft accounts and through the years I used some then sign out then used others. How can I found out which Microsoft account is linked to my windows 10 digital license?...
  6. How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?: I have different Microsoft accounts and through the years I used some then sign out then used others. How can I found out which Microsoft account is linked to my windows 10 digital license?...
  7. How do I know which Microsoft account is linked to my digital license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Transfer Windows 10 license from linked Microsoft account to another account ?

Transfer Windows 10 license from linked Microsoft account to another account ?: My sister gave me her old Asus Laptop because she brought a new one, but after i formatted it and installed the same version of windows it says to link the correct microsoft account to activate the Windows. But i don't want to use my sisters account. Can i transfer the...
  9. Transfer linked Windows 10 license to another Microsoft account

Transfer linked Windows 10 license to another Microsoft account: Hello, I have a Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft account. However, I have used this email for secondary purposes, including for creating accounts for websites that I don't even use or remember. Basically as a scrap email. And I don't want to use this scrap email...
  10. How do i find which microsoft account is linked to my license

How do i find which microsoft account is linked to my license: Hi I upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 a year back roughly. I am about to change my Internal hard disk. I am not sure which microsoft account in linked to my license. I can open my 2 accounts in browser but I cannot find which account is linked they do not mention it...