Windows 10: How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?

Discus and support How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed out my motherboard, ram, and cpu and i need to transfer my windows activation key, tho I tried reactivating it on my computer and it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ethan Garber1, May 22, 2024.

1. How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?

I changed out my motherboard, ram, and cpu and i need to transfer my windows activation key, tho I tried reactivating it on my computer and it didn't work.

:)

Ethan Garber1, May 22, 2024

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to Replacement Computer

Unfortunately you would need to do this steps on the computer where you activated the windows 11 license. And apologies as I have misunderstood you inquiry. Since you mentioned that your Windows 11 Pro was an upgrade from the Microsoft Store, therefore it cannot be transferred as this is only good on where it was initially activated.

Jeremiah O, May 22, 2024
  3. New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2024
  4. rss81 Win User

How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 22, 2024
Thema:

How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?

1. How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer? - Similar Threads - transfer activation computer

2. How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?: I changed out my motherboard, ram, and cpu and i need to transfer my windows activation key, tho I tried reactivating it on my computer and it didn't work....
  3. how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer: I built a computer with a brand new windows pro key less than 6 months ago, I was having issues with cpu overheating and had to replace the cooler in the process damaging my motherboard socket. I had to replace the motherboard. Now the windows activation troubleshooter is...
  4. how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer: I built a computer with a brand new windows pro key less than 6 months ago, I was having issues with cpu overheating and had to replace the cooler in the process damaging my motherboard socket. I had to replace the motherboard. Now the windows activation troubleshooter is...
  5. How do I transfer my Windows 11 key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my Windows 11 key?: I need to transfer my product key to a new pc I'm assembling. I really don't wont to have to buy windows 11 again. Is there a way to transfer it myself or can a staff member do it online? In my command prompt it says my version is "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.2538]"...
  6. How do I transfer my Windows 11 key?

How do I transfer my Windows 11 key?: I need to transfer my product key to a new pc I'm assembling. I really don't wont to have to buy windows 11 again. Is there a way to transfer it myself or can a staff member do it online? In my command prompt it says my version is "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.2538]"...
  7. How do I activate my Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I activate my Windows computer?: I got my computer repaired recently. It had Windows 8.1 installed initially with no activation issues but was returned with Windows 10. Ever since then, it had been prompting me that my license is about to expire?...
  8. How do I activate my Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate my Windows computer?: I got my computer repaired recently. It had Windows 8.1 installed initially with no activation issues but was returned with Windows 10. Ever since then, it had been prompting me that my license is about to expire?...
  9. How do I activate my Windows computer?

10. how do I transfer my subscription to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I transfer my subscription to a new computer?: how do I transfer my subscription to a new computer I will be purchasing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-subscription-to-a-new/b62a5b52-2a41-45b8-a422-4e8c23f65e7a