Windows 10: How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive

Discus and support How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DianeD48, Apr 10, 2019.

1. DianeD48 Win User

How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive

:)

DianeD48, Apr 10, 2019
  2. luke32WM Win User

Photo transfer to Windows 10 from external hard drive

I have copied all my photos (318 GB) from my desk top computer to an external hard drive so that I may transfer them to Windows 10 on a new laptop. The instructions for doing so are not clear. A Microsoft page says "Open photo gallery" and "Click home
    tab".

Is "photo gallery" the same as "photos' on my Windows 10 desk top? If it is, what and where is the "home Tab"? \\

Help please

luke32WM, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive - Similar Threads - transfer photos external

2. Windows Photos permanently tied to the photos in my external hard drive. How do I separate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos permanently tied to the photos in my external hard drive. How do I separate...: First, I do not want my photos shared with anyone. ... I want to utilize Windows 11 Photos to create a one-time slideshow. I researched how to do this. As directed, I clicked the source, and Windows Photos started downloading photos from my external hard drive. I cancelled...
  3. Windows Photos permanently tied to the photos in my external hard drive. How do I separate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos permanently tied to the photos in my external hard drive. How do I separate...: First, I do not want my photos shared with anyone. ... I want to utilize Windows 11 Photos to create a one-time slideshow. I researched how to do this. As directed, I clicked the source, and Windows Photos started downloading photos from my external hard drive. I cancelled...
  4. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  5. transferring photos to external hard drive

transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  6. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upload photos to an external hard drive: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/736d81a0-a8b6-4a40-b093-f255f6b169ca
  7. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

how do I upload photos to an external hard drive: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/736d81a0-a8b6-4a40-b093-f255f6b169ca
  8. Transferring an album from MS Photos to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring an album from MS Photos to an external hard drive: I am changing laptops. I want to save albums created in MS Photos to an external hard drive. How can I accomplish this task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-an-album-from-ms-photos-to-an/645eb8b9-79f4-4803-ac04-b04b61a34763
  9. transferring photos from computer to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring photos from computer to external hard drive: When I transfer photos from my computer to an external hard drive, is there a quick way? I have hundreds of photos and dread copying them even in lots of 10....
  10. How to transfer Windows 10 to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Windows 10 to an external hard drive: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When upgrading or changing primary HDD/SSD in Windows, it’s painful if you need to install Windows 10 again. Not only does it take time, but it is also tedious to install Windows updates, drivers, apps, and configure everything again. Since [...] This post...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy photos windows 10 to external drive

2. how to transfer photos from windows 10 to external hard drive

3. how do I transfer photos to external drive customize taskbars

4. transfer windows 10 pictures to external hard drive,
  5. windows 10 transfer photo files to external hard drive,
  6. windows 10 transfer photos from pc to an external drive,
  7. how do i transfer a photo to a hard drive,
  8. how to transfer photos external hardrvie to windows 10,
  9. how do i move photos from windows 10 to a external hardrive,
  10. photo transfers from windows 10 to hardrive,
  11. how to move photos from windows 10 to external harddrive,