Windows 10: how do I transfer programs and files form one windows 10 computer to another

Discus and support how do I transfer programs and files form one windows 10 computer to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I transfer programs and files form one windows 10 computer to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rob Staples, Dec 15, 2019.

1. how do I transfer programs and files form one windows 10 computer to another

how do I transfer programs and files form one windows 10 computer to another

:)

Rob Staples, Dec 15, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Dec 15, 2019
  3. LonGun Win User
    Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I transfer programs and files form one windows 10 computer to another - Similar Threads - transfer programs files

2. How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?: How do I transfer everything from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-everything-from-one-computer-to/7d829b7f-8d21-4460-ab92-64de37e0d9cf
  3. How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?: How do I transfer everything from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-everything-from-one-computer-to/7d829b7f-8d21-4460-ab92-64de37e0d9cf
  4. Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another

Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  5. Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  6. how do i transfer itunes stuff from one computer to another computer in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i transfer itunes stuff from one computer to another computer in windows 10: The last time my phone was backed up, there was a problem. I had gotten a different phone. Also, not all of the files from the original phone were saved onto the new phone. I am sure they are on my old computer somewhere. But also the old computer got corrupted. Now songs...
  7. how do i transfer itunes stuff from one computer to another computer in windows 10

how do i transfer itunes stuff from one computer to another computer in windows 10: The last time my phone was backed up, there was a problem. I had gotten a different phone. Also, not all of the files from the original phone were saved onto the new phone. I am sure they are on my old computer somewhere. But also the old computer got corrupted. Now songs...
  8. how do i transfer photos from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i transfer photos from one computer to another: how do I transfer pictures from one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-photos-from-one-computer-to/afe8149b-2a36-4fd9-b5b8-3e844345797a
  9. Can I transfer programs from one computer to another?

Can I transfer programs from one computer to another?: Got a new laptop for Christmas. Well wife did, I get to set it up for her. There are programs on her old laptop that I would like to transfer to the new one. Specifically Familytree Maker 2008 and 2009. I don't have the original discs any more. It seems like the latest FTM is...
  10. Can I transfer a program from one computer to another computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer a program from one computer to another computer: I would like to transfer a program from one computer to another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-program-from-one-computer-to/caba67ec-37f5-48a1-9d6b-673114068e42"