Windows 10: How do I transfer W10 update files to another laptop in my household?

Discus and support How do I transfer W10 update files to another laptop in my household? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I live in Venezuela, have been offline since May 2019 (damned Maduro). I used cellular data (very expensive, OUCH!) to upgrade to 1903, since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/metafuente, Jan 4, 2020.

1. How do I transfer W10 update files to another laptop in my household?

Hi there, I live in Venezuela, have been offline since May 2019 (damned Maduro). I used cellular data (very expensive, OUCH!) to upgrade to 1903, since I was tired of my laptop connecting to download updates even though I did everything I could to avoid that.

I just finished updating to 1903 but my brother has a laptop that needs the same upgrade.

Is it possible to search for all the setup files left over in my system, transfer them to his using a USB flash drive and upgrade without having to download everything again?

I am aware of the existence of folders such as: '$GetCurrent', 'Windows10Upgrade', 'SoftwareDistribution\Download'.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/metafuente
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/metafuente, Jan 4, 2020

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 4, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Steevo Win User

How do I transfer W10 update files to another laptop in my household?

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I transfer W10 update files to another laptop in my household?

1. How do I transfer W10 update files to another laptop in my household? - Similar Threads - transfer W10 update

2. is this because there’s another pc in the household or?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this because there’s another pc in the household or?: i did a speed test and i got 17 ping however i tried to play rainbow six seige and i disconnect everytime i tried to play is there a way i can fix this or?...
  3. is this because there’s another pc in the household or?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is this because there’s another pc in the household or?: i did a speed test and i got 17 ping however i tried to play rainbow six seige and i disconnect everytime i tried to play is there a way i can fix this or?...
  4. is this because there’s another pc in the household or?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to transfer files to another onedrive

How to transfer files to another onedrive: I am trying to clean up a one drive because there are more then 60,000 files on it its a company wide onedrive and it is causing issues for our power automate system. How can I remove those files without breaking a shared link that they all have? Is that even possible?...
  6. How to transfer files to another onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer files to another onedrive: I am trying to clean up a one drive because there are more then 60,000 files on it its a company wide onedrive and it is causing issues for our power automate system. How can I remove those files without breaking a shared link that they all have? Is that even possible?...
  7. How to transfer files to another onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I transfer files from one hard drive to another?

How do I transfer files from one hard drive to another?: I currently have a 4TB hard drive and was thinking of buying a bigger one. Since I have all my games installed on my hard drive, I would have to redownload them all, which would take hours, if not days. I was wondering how I could maybe transfer all my files/games from my...
  9. How do I transfer my windows to another PC correctly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I transfer my windows to another PC correctly?: Hi. I have a PC and I need to use a laptop. I have the product key linked to my MS account and don't remember it/can't find it anywhere. So what do I do, can someone walk me through it? submitted by /u/Vadim6996 [link] [comments]...
  10. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...