Windows 10: How do I transfer Windows 10 license to a new PC?

Discus and support How do I transfer Windows 10 license to a new PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to my new build and deactivate it on the old system. I have read there are multiple ways of doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DigitalPixel, Feb 13, 2019.

1. How do I transfer Windows 10 license to a new PC?

I would like to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to my new build and deactivate it on the old system. I have read there are multiple ways of doing this but am still confused. The easiest way I read was to log in with a MS account and that would link the Windows license to the account. Then I would need to log in on the new system with my MS account and transfer it over but I don't see how. How Microsoft to know I need to deactivate my old system and transfer it over?

I also read some versions of Windows can't be transferred. Originally I upgraded from Windows 8 when MS was giving 10 out for free. On my old PC it says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to you Microsoft account.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

DigitalPixel, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 13, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Feb 13, 2019
  4. How do I transfer Windows 10 license to a new PC?

Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

How do I transfer Windows 10 license to a new PC?

1. How do I transfer Windows 10 license to a new PC? - Similar Threads - transfer license

2. If I want to buy a new PC but don't want to pay for the license, can I transfer the license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I want to buy a new PC but don't want to pay for the license, can I transfer the license...: Hi,I want to ask if I can do this because I want to buy a new PC and give the old one to my sister, but I don't know much about this. Thank you in advance for your reply....
  3. If I want to buy a new PC but don't want to pay for the license, can I transfer the license...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I want to buy a new PC but don't want to pay for the license, can I transfer the license...: Hi,I want to ask if I can do this because I want to buy a new PC and give the old one to my sister, but I don't know much about this. Thank you in advance for your reply....
  4. How can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro License from my old Surface Pro 5 to my Surface Pro 8...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro License from my old Surface Pro 5 to my Surface Pro 8...: My old Surface Pro 5 has Windows Pro. In fact I recently upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. My newer Surface Pro 8 has Window 11 but the only home edition. Ideally I would like the Pro edition on my SP8 and the home edition on my SP5. Is there a way of doing this?...
  5. How can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro License from my old Surface Pro 5 to my Surface Pro 8...

How can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro License from my old Surface Pro 5 to my Surface Pro 8...: My old Surface Pro 5 has Windows Pro. In fact I recently upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. My newer Surface Pro 8 has Window 11 but the only home edition. Ideally I would like the Pro edition on my SP8 and the home edition on my SP5. Is there a way of doing this?...
  6. Transfer windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows license: I have a laptop with oem windows on it, i was wondering if i could deactivate that device and use the key on my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license/6d941092-4fe8-449a-8c6a-46c2d6213993
  7. Transfer windows license

Transfer windows license: I have a laptop with oem windows on it, i was wondering if i could deactivate that device and use the key on my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license/6d941092-4fe8-449a-8c6a-46c2d6213993
  8. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer: hi, i am new in my company, the previous IT doesn't have proper documentation of the windows licenses, no stickers of windows license on desktops. In one of the cabinet drawers, i found these in complete package excluding the license stickers: 1 installation disc Windows Home...
  9. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer: hi, i am new in my company, the previous IT doesn't have proper documentation of the windows licenses, no stickers of windows license on desktops. In one of the cabinet drawers, i found these in complete package excluding the license stickers: 1 installation disc Windows Home...
  10. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer