Windows 10: How do I transfer windows 10 to a different user on the same PC please?

Discus and support How do I transfer windows 10 to a different user on the same PC please? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I now use my spouse's old PC. I think the Windows 10 operating system came with the PC. The licence terms allow me to transfer the licence from one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jay500, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Jay500 Win User

How do I transfer windows 10 to a different user on the same PC please?

I now use my spouse's old PC. I think the Windows 10 operating system came with the PC. The licence terms allow me to transfer the licence from one user to another on the same PC the OS came with. How do I do that please?

:)

Jay500, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 24, 2020
  4. How do I transfer windows 10 to a different user on the same PC please?

Moving users and user data between Windows 10 PCs

Thank you for your message.

I suspect I mis-posed my question.

• I can't say the exact number of PCs. The number is limited but they are critical PCs.
    • They are not connected to a Domain as they are members of a workgroup.
    • The network is a LAN.
    The question can be posed as: in Windows XP and up to Windows 8 there were tools to migrate user settings and data from a PC to a different one, like Windows Easy transfer (preferred) or USMT.

Are they available in Windows 10 as well?

Regards

Mario

Mario - Roma - Italy, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I transfer windows 10 to a different user on the same PC please?

1. How do I transfer windows 10 to a different user on the same PC please? - Similar Threads - transfer different user

2. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  3. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  4. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I transfer my Microsoft account from one user account to another on the same PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my Microsoft account from one user account to another on the same PC?: I bought a new laptop which I received yesterday, and which has Windows 11 Home. During the setup, Windows based by account name the local part of the account, the "xxx" in "C:\Users\xxx" on my e-mail address. This e-mail address has a certain history, and is formatted as ***...
  6. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  7. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  8. How do I transfer all my data to a different user on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I transfer all my data to a different user on Windows 10?: I created a new user on my laptop, and I want to transfer all my data to it from the previous user. And with all my data, I mean ALL data. Settings, files, softwares, preferences... I want the new user to be the exact same copy of the other one. Is there a way I can do it?...
  9. how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?: i wanted to give my laptop access to a drive on my desktop (both on the same network) but i dont have permissions to access it. when i go to propertied->security i cant choose my laptop as the location, how can i give myself permissions? submitted by /u/antireal20 [link]...
  10. how do I share a program with another user on the same PC on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I share a program with another user on the same PC on Windows 10: I need to share a program that is on my profile with another user on the same PC. How do I do that? I don't want to download it again on their profile as it is a large file....