Windows 10: How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?

Discus and support How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am in the process of selling my laptop, which has a Windows 11 Home OEM digital license activated on it. In order to ensure a smooth transfer of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Solo Player, Mar 22, 2023.

1. How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?

I am in the process of selling my laptop, which has a Windows 11 Home OEM digital license activated on it. In order to ensure a smooth transfer of ownership, I would like to transfer the activation to the buyer. Could anyone please provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to do this? I understand that transferring a digital license from one account to another is possible, but it is important to do it correctly to avoid any issues with activation. I would appreciate any guidance you can offer on this process.

:)

Solo Player, Mar 22, 2023

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 22, 2023
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Digital license transfer to another account

New computer need new Windows 10 or a retail purchased license to transfer activation.

You can not transfer Digital License from one computer to another.

The Digital License comes from the activation of the computer.

If the old computer had the Windows installed when purchased then it has an OEM license and it is tied to that motherboard and can not be transferred.

lacrumb, Mar 22, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?

Windows digital licenses: retail or OEM?

Anywhoo... MS themselves has made it a completely moot point.

#1 I sell a computer with a digital license for Windows 10/11 stored at MS with a blank drive with no OS installed, I have no control over it if the buyer installs Windows 10/11 on it and activates Windows 10/11 on it using the generic product key. I did not transfer the license for Windows 10/11 to the buyer, MS did - and I cannot be held responsible for either the buyer's nor MS's actions.

#2 Paragraph 4a does not prohibit a user from transferring a "pre-installed" license from one device they own to another device they own. It only specifies the conditions under which that license can be transferred to another person.

I see nothing in the T&C that would specifically prohibit a person from converting an OEM channel activated license to a retail channel activated license and transferring that license to a second computer. Can you provide the language in the T&C (EULA) that would prohibit that?

NavyLCDR, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?

1. How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ? - Similar Threads - Transfer OEM Digital

2. How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?: I am in the process of selling my laptop, which has a Windows 11 Home OEM digital license activated on it. In order to ensure a smooth transfer of ownership, I would like to transfer the activation to the buyer. Could anyone please provide me with step-by-step instructions on...
  3. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-a-digital-license/677411be-556f-42e5-9115-40625081ab26
  4. Transfer digital license to another account

Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  5. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  6. Transfer digital license to another account

7. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?: I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of...
  8. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?: I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of...
  9. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

10. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...