Windows 10: How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?

Discus and support How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A while age I converted my Toshiba Harddrive into a storage pool so I could fit more storage onto my Windows 10 laptop. I no longer need it to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jessica3, Feb 10, 2019.

1. jessica3 Win User

How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?

A while age I converted my Toshiba Harddrive into a storage pool so I could fit more storage onto my Windows 10 laptop. I no longer need it to be a storage pool anymore and want to convert it back to its original state so it can work like a normal harddrive again.

I tried doing this myself by going into the disk management place and deleting the volume on it, but then it disappeared and there was no option to convert it back to a basic disk which I thought would be the last step. It completely disappeared and I don't know how to access my drive anymore as I cannot find it anywhere in my computer.

All the help would be appreciated as this harddrive cost me an arm and a leg and I really want it to go back to normal.

Thank you.

:)

jessica3, Feb 10, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. dwindows Win User
    Storage pool 4 * 1TB

I have a spare computer running windows 10 pro, running as a "server". I have added 4 1 tb harddrives and pooled them to have one storage space of +/- 4tb. my question is, If one of my drives fail will the whole pool be gone? i ask because i had created the pool and then the computer had some issue so i disconnected the 2 new drives that i had put in and restarted the computer ( at this point only 2 drives were connected out of the 4) but the pool storage space wouldn't show up, after reconecting the 3rd and 4th drive the pool showed up. is there any way i can save my data in case of one drive failing????

dwindows, Feb 10, 2019
  4. How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?

replacing a drive in storage pool

Hi Arni,

As you referring to replacement of failed drive under storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you created a storage pool on your device?
    • Which is the operating system installed on your device? Confirm to us if Windows 10.
    • Is your device connected to Windows Server/ domain network?

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?

1. How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive? - Similar Threads - turn storage pool

2. How do i add a drive to my storage pool ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i add a drive to my storage pool ?: so i aim trying to get a drive in a storage pool but i get an error that says: close all appilications that are accessing the drive, and then try again acces is denied 0x00000005i closed everything on my computer only the storage pool app openbutt i get the same answer.does...
  3. How do i add a drive to my storage pool ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i add a drive to my storage pool ?: so i aim trying to get a drive in a storage pool but i get an error that says: close all appilications that are accessing the drive, and then try again acces is denied 0x00000005i closed everything on my computer only the storage pool app openbutt i get the same answer.does...
  4. How do i add a drive to my storage pool ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. storage pools

storage pools: I have three 1 TB drives in my computer. Two of them are configured as a RAID1 mirrored drive, and the third drive is for backup. Today, for the first time, I became aware of storage pools, and when I explored my setup, I found that some space on my RAID1 drive is assigned to...
  6. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  7. How do I get this back to the normal desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get this back to the normal desktop?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pvang015 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imsngt/how_do_i_get_this_back_to_the_normal_desktop/
  8. How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?

How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?: A while age I converted my Toshiba Harddrive into a storage pool so I could fit more storage onto my Windows 10 laptop. I no longer need it to be a storage pool anymore and want to convert it back to its original state so it can work like a normal harddrive again. I tried...
  9. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  10. Windows Storage Pool Error: How do I repair?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Storage Pool Error: How do I repair?: I have a storage space on my personal computer that consists of 3 drives. My storage space is setup as parity. My pool has exhibited some shaky behavior recently in which the pool would go offline when ever I would do a large IO process such as a large file copy. Without...