Windows 10: How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

Discus and support How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I previously worked at a company and they told me to keep the computer. I didn't try using it for a long time and now I can't log into the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Max Szymanski1, May 29, 2023.

1. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

I previously worked at a company and they told me to keep the computer. I didn't try using it for a long time and now I can't log into the computer since they removed my access to the account.When I log into the computer it now says "welcome to work" and tries to have me log in using my company credentials. I've been trying to use a bootable drive to load a new version of Windows onto this computer but I can't seem to change the version it is currently loaded into. I think it's using the enterprise version rather than home or pro, and I need a home or pro version to log in.I've formatted the d

:)

Max Szymanski1, May 29, 2023
  2. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer? [​IMG]

Worked for me.

3. Sher Amo Win User
    Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, May 29, 2023
  4. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, May 29, 2023
Thema:

How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

1. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer? - Similar Threads - turn computer personal

2. How do I to convert a work computer to a personal computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I to convert a work computer to a personal computer?: I am trying to convert my old work computer into a personal computer and am running into trouble. I have tried downloading a fresh windows, deleting all prior partitions, and fully cleaning the disks through disk part and no matter what, once the new windows setup boots up...
  3. How do I to convert a work computer to a personal computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I to convert a work computer to a personal computer?: I am trying to convert my old work computer into a personal computer and am running into trouble. I have tried downloading a fresh windows, deleting all prior partitions, and fully cleaning the disks through disk part and no matter what, once the new windows setup boots up...
  4. How do Know if I have 'Personal' in my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do Know if I have 'Personal' in my computer?: ? what is this? I would like to know if I have 'Personal' on my laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-know-if-i-have-personal-in-my-computer/c6848795-df9f-4245-9806-1b4c083e71dd
  5. How do Know if I have 'Personal' in my computer?

How do Know if I have 'Personal' in my computer?: ? what is this? I would like to know if I have 'Personal' on my laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-know-if-i-have-personal-in-my-computer/c6848795-df9f-4245-9806-1b4c083e71dd
  6. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?: I previously worked at a company and they told me to keep the computer. I didn't try using it for a long time and now I can't log into the computer since they removed my access to the account.When I log into the computer it now says "welcome to work" and tries to have me log...
  7. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?: I previously worked at a company and they told me to keep the computer. I didn't try using it for a long time and now I can't log into the computer since they removed my access to the account.When I log into the computer it now says "welcome to work" and tries to have me log...
  8. How do I turn off my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off my computer: How do I turn off my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-my-computer/c7bcd4e6-4047-4203-b6ba-ae9c92cdf2f5
  9. How do I get of this work account on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get of this work account on my personal computer: Since I no longer need this account, how do I delete it from my computer[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-of-this-work-account-on-my-personal/3af9eadb-2d06-4372-9c73-a993aa7cf858
  10. How do I remove my work secutiry policies and restrictions on my personal computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my work secutiry policies and restrictions on my personal computer?: I've recently retired from my company. One of my personal home computers has been used for the past 2 years to access my company domain, sites, servers etc. Now that I am no longer working I would like to remove the company security requirements and restrictions on this...