Windows 10: how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings

Discus and support how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marysym, Nov 13, 2018.

1. marysym Win User

how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings

how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings

:)

marysym, Nov 13, 2018

2. Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 13, 2018
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 13, 2018
  4. how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings

Display brightness

hello al107

Select Start , choose Settings , then select System > Display. Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness

Some PCs can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions. To find out if your PC supports this, in Display settings, under Brightness and color, look for the Change brightness automatically when lighting changes
    check box, and then select it to use this feature. This automatic setting helps make sure your screen is readable wherever you go. Even if you use it, you can still move the Change brightness slider to fine-tune the brightness level.

note:

You might not see the Change brightness slider on desktop PCs that have an external monitor. To change the brightness on an external monitor, use the buttons on it.

If you don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver. In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. In Device Manager, select Display adapters,
    then select the display adapter. Press and hold (or right-click) the display adapter name, then select Update driver and follow the instructions.

Pedro Bruguera, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings - Similar Threads - turn down brightness

2. No Brightness Setting with New Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Brightness Setting with New Monitor: I just bought a new Sceptre monitor. For some reason, the monitor adjusts its brightness automatically depending on what is on the screen. I've tried searching online and I found that you have to turn a adaptive brightness control in "brightness" setting, however, I do not...
  3. No Brightness Setting with New Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Brightness Setting with New Monitor: I just bought a new Sceptre monitor. For some reason, the monitor adjusts its brightness automatically depending on what is on the screen. I've tried searching online and I found that you have to turn a adaptive brightness control in "brightness" setting, however, I do not...
  4. Setting brightness on iiyama monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Setting brightness on iiyama monitor: I have a new iiyama prolite B2283HS monitor. I wish to reduce the brightness as it is far too high. I understand the brightness can be adjusted by accessing the Picture Adjust menu. However the Picture Adjust menu is greyed out so can't be accessed. How can i adjust the...
  5. No Brightness Sliders, No brightness Setting, Brightness Buttons do not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Brightness Sliders, No brightness Setting, Brightness Buttons do not work.: My laptops settings for brightness Slides, Tab and buttons aren't working, I don't know what do at this point even considering I've tried everything suggested even restarting my laptop over 34 times. I've even uninstalled, disabled, installed and enabled the Generic Monitor...
  6. brightness cant be turned down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness cant be turned down: after the new version I couldn't turn down my brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-cant-be-turned-down/efd29d9e-98b7-4273-9ba9-81031c1f3a56
  7. How do I dim the brightness. I went to settings and display and there is no brightness slider.

How do I dim the brightness. I went to settings and display and there is no brightness slider.: dimming the brightness on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-dim-the-brightness-i-went-to-settings-and/6748c23a-9d20-4469-9044-d4795597c681
  8. Brightness setting for monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness setting for monitor: Can a monitor's brightness be adjusted using the Control Panel, without pressing buttons on it? My main monitor's buttons for adjusting brightness do not work with Windows....
  9. NO brightness tab in Display Settings

NO brightness tab in Display Settings: Hi. I couldn't find the brightness tab in my computer's Display Settings. Only the night mode option. How do I fix it? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-brightness-tab-in-display-settings/da58e88b-c6a6-46fa-bb46-fe3e445ad4d1
  10. I can't set monitor's brightness

I can't set monitor's brightness: My device is Lenovo ThinkPad 13. I can't change my monitor's brightness from the keyboard shortcut and from Settings. All drivers are up to date. Recently I had similar troubles. My keyboard didn't work 2 weeks ago but it was solved by updating the driver. Just yesterday my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn down screen brightness acer

2. screen brightness control

3. Acer monitor brightness buttons

4. change brightness on external monitor acer,
  5. how to lower brightness on acer desktop,
  6. acer monitor adjust,
  7. acer laptop how to lower screen brightness,
  8. HOW TO ADJUST BRIGHTNESS IN ACER PC,
  9. turn down brightness no slidert in settings,
  10. how do you add the option to change brightness on acer,
  11. turning down brightness on acer monitor,