Windows 10: How do i turn off adaptive screen brightness?

Discus and support How do i turn off adaptive screen brightness? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello yesterday I updated my windows to the latest edition and since then my screen has been changing brightness automatically, I tried to go in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jimharry127, Aug 17, 2019.

1. How do i turn off adaptive screen brightness?

Hello yesterday I updated my windows to the latest edition and since then my screen has been changing brightness automatically, I tried to go in my power plans advanced settings but I couldn't find anything under the display.Also my applications have been changing the brightness by their own. Any help is super appreciated cause this have been starting to get on my nerves.

:)

jimharry127, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Logan-0 Win User

How to turn off adaptive brightness?

Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago.

The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked.

• I've updated the graphics driver
    • rolled back said driver
    • tried looking in the BIOS (which there are no brightness settings anyway)
    • restarted the laptop
    • shut down and turned on the laptop
    • gone into power settings and turned off adaptive brightness On Battery and Plugged In
    • tried downloading a new graphics driver
    • looked into windows settings with no checkmark to disable adaptive brightness
    • turned on high video performance
    • tried to find Adaptive Brightness in services and disable it (it didn't seem to exist)
    almost everything I've seen but none have helped. the laptop is for work and entertainment and I'd like to use it at full brightness most of the time, please help.

Thank you in advance.

Logan-0, Aug 17, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Aug 17, 2019
  4. daniel1 Win User

How do i turn off adaptive screen brightness?

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

daniel1, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

How do i turn off adaptive screen brightness?

1. How do i turn off adaptive screen brightness? - Similar Threads - turn off adaptive

2. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  3. How do I turn off adaptive brightness? I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn off adaptive brightness? I've tried everything: I have a Dell G5 15 5500, with a dedicated NVIDIA graphics card. Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042. When my laptop isn't plugged in, every time the image on my display changes, the brightness very noticeably fluctuates, but I can't turn this off. I've tried: Attempt 1:...
  4. how to turn off adaptive brightness with no options to do so in the settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to turn off adaptive brightness with no options to do so in the settings: i just recently updated w10 on my old laptop and i just noticed, who the hell thought that implementing adaptive brightness on default is a good idea? it's fucking my eyes up from the fluctuation of brightness levels whenever i switch apps and sites with severely contrasting...
  5. Can not turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can not turn off adaptive brightness: PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING So I recently bought an Acer Swift 1. It has Intel UHD 605 integrated graphics. Windows 64, version 1909, build 18363.1379. I don't need it to do much, so please no trash talk about its specs lol. The only issue I'm having is the...
  6. How do i turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i turn off adaptive brightness: eveywhere i look, there's a button i can press or some other really simple solution. either in power options, which i don't have [ATTACH] or a switch that should be right under the brightness slider, which i also don't have [ATTACH] i managed to turn it off with the intel...
  7. Turning off adaptive brightness

Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  8. How do I turn off adaptive brightness?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I turn off adaptive brightness?: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 (Windows 10 64-bit). Apparently the option to turn off adaptive brightness within the settings isn't working? Others are saying that I have to download Intel Command Center to turn it off, but they removed the adaptive brightness option from...
  9. Spacebar Changing Screen Brightness In Games With Adaptive Brightness Turned Off.

Spacebar Changing Screen Brightness In Games With Adaptive Brightness Turned Off.: My spacebar in games will change my screen brightness from like 50% to about 70% and I don't know why, I even have adaptive brightness turned off....
  10. How to turn off adaptive brightness?

How to turn off adaptive brightness?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago. The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked....