Windows 10: How do I turn off and delete a backup?

Discus and support How do I turn off and delete a backup? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am constantly getting notifications that my backup has not completed. I cancelled the backup from Windows because I am using the backup software with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tanya O, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Tanya O Win User

How do I turn off and delete a backup?

I am constantly getting notifications that my backup has not completed. I cancelled the backup from Windows because I am using the backup software with my NAS.

How do I turn off and delete the backup so I am not constantly notified that there is a problem?

How do I turn off and delete a backup? 899fcf76-d735-488e-9c97-8ae1d506e7cc?upload=true.png

:)

Tanya O, Aug 12, 2019

2. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 12, 2019
  4. How do I turn off and delete a backup?

Permanently Disable File History Backup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the back up and check if it helps.

• Press windows+X and click on control panel.
    • Then click on “backup and restore option”.
    • Then click on the option “turn on schedule”.
    • Then on the left hand side you will get the option ”Turn off schedule”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn off and delete a backup?

1. How do I turn off and delete a backup? - Similar Threads - turn off delete

2. How do I turn off and delete a backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off and delete a backup?: I want to turn of this backup permanantly and remove this notification. How can i remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-and-delete-a-backup/d318062c-ddbe-4a36-a0cf-5d096e0dad8a
  3. How do I turn off and delete a backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off and delete a backup?: I want to turn of this backup permanantly and remove this notification. How can i remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-and-delete-a-backup/d318062c-ddbe-4a36-a0cf-5d096e0dad8a
  4. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  5. How do I turn this off

How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  6. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  7. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  8. How do I turn this off?

9. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  10. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...