Windows 10: how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?

Discus and support how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i don't want my mouse pointer to move with me tapping my arrow keys. it makes navigating the sites/games i usually play SUPER frustrating. i've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GodNaoga, Aug 25, 2019.

1. GodNaoga Win User

how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?

i don't want my mouse pointer to move with me tapping my arrow keys. it makes navigating the sites/games i usually play SUPER frustrating. i've been trying to find the option to turn it off but the only help articles i can find are about Mouse Keys, which ive never turned on before because its useless to me. PLEASE help

:)

GodNaoga, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Pointer and keypad

Hi,

With Mouse Keys, you can use the numeric keypad on your keyboard, instead of the mouse, to move the pointer. To turn on Mouse Keys, you can follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Ease of Access Center, and select it from the list of results.
    • Click Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Control the mouse with the keyboard, select the
      Turn on Mouse Keys check box

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Cursor Pointer does not move by Arrow-keys on the keyboard:

Hi Anas,

To further isolate the issue, we would like to ask a few questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done in trying to resolve this issue?
    • Were you able to use the arrow keys when doing other activities?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, Aug 25, 2019
  4. how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?

down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?

1. how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer? - Similar Threads - turn off arrow

2. Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10: Been dealing with this for a few months now. Sometimes it'll be fine for a week or so, sometimes it'll be an all day thing, or somewhere in the middle. The best I can describe it is that it's like someone keeps pressing the right arrow key rapidly. If I single-click on an...
  3. Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10: Been dealing with this for a few months now. Sometimes it'll be fine for a week or so, sometimes it'll be an all day thing, or somewhere in the middle. The best I can describe it is that it's like someone keeps pressing the right arrow key rapidly. If I single-click on an...
  4. Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer: So every now and then Mouse Keys gets turned on. I'm not sure how, maybe some keyboard shortcut gets accidentally pressed to turn it on while I'm cleaning it? Anyways, I went to turn it off and when I do, it disables my mouse pointer. How do I fix this? I can't use my...
  5. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  6. My mouse pointer moves using arrow keys only when I am typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mouse pointer moves using arrow keys only when I am typing: I don't know how this happened but now when I am typing in a text field and try to move my typing pointer the blinking line using arrow keys, my mouse pointer also moves along in that direction as if the accessibility controls to control mouse using arrow keys were enabled. I...
  7. Mouse Keys will not turn off

Mouse Keys will not turn off: After recently restarting my Surface tablet, I am unable to turn off the Mouse Keys function. In Settings, I have the "Control your mouse with a keypad" option turned to "off", but using my arrow keys still moves my mouse....
  8. Mouse keys not turning off

Mouse keys not turning off: I have the ease of access feature "Mouse Keys" turned off however it still moves when ever I use my mouse and keyboard. I have looked on the internet and each thing keeps telling me to go to settings. These are the things I have tried my self: unplugging both my mouse and...
  9. Arrow keys keep moving the mouse, but I don't have mouse keys on.

Arrow keys keep moving the mouse, but I don't have mouse keys on.: Title. Every time I touch the arrow keys, my mouse's pointer moves. I don't know how to fix this, can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys-keep-moving-the-mouse-but-i-dont-have/b39c166c-e22c-4b27-aff1-1b303ffa5477
  10. Moving Mouse Pointer

Moving Mouse Pointer: I would like to move my mouse pointer to the top-center part of my primary display (of 3). Is there something that I can use to do that? There are various software packages that allow moving the mouse pointer to specific coordinates on the screen. But, what of when those are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse keys are off but mouse moves with arrow keys

2. keyboard arrows stop moving mouse pointer