Windows 10: How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?

Discus and support How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive? I have it working in Windows Explorer, but it will not let me arrange files as I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wolfgangrotbart, May 12, 2020.

1. How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?

How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?

I have it working in Windows Explorer, but it will not let me arrange files as I'd like on the USB.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

wolfgangrotbart, May 12, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, May 12, 2020
  3. auto arrange for files

how do u turn off auto arrange for files in a given folder?

dvangsness, May 12, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Thema:

1. How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive? - Similar Threads - turn off auto

2. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  3. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  4. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11: I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the Microsoft development team. When you are sorting files, many times renaming a file is not an option. Secondly, custom...
  6. How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11: I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the Microsoft development team. When you are sorting files, many times renaming a file is not an option. Secondly, custom...
  7. How do I turn off auto arrange?

How do I turn off auto arrange?: How do I turn off auto Arrange in File Explorer? When I follow the instructions I have found in using search, I was told to Right click a blank area in the window and select “View” and turn off the Auto Arrange. But that option is not in the view menu.I’m using Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Auto Arrange Files

Auto Arrange Files: [ATTACH] I recently installed a batch file for including auto-arrange filesdetail view in my view panel as it was not included in the updated version of windows 10. After installing I am able to manually arrange the files but it messes with my windows dark or white theme....
  9. auto arrange for files

auto arrange for files: how do u turn off auto arrange for files in a given folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-arrange-for-files/adb546c5-6a10-4206-836b-87de3e033609"
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto arrange icons not desktop file explorer windows 10