Windows 10: How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar?

Discus and support How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the "Record That"/"Record Last 30 Seconds" feature in the Xbox Game Bar for specific games. However, I accidentally enabled it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Le Posque, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Le Posque Win User

How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar?

I use the "Record That"/"Record Last 30 Seconds" feature in the Xbox Game Bar for specific games. However, I accidentally enabled it to background-record in Chrome, which I do not want to spare resources for. I still want it to background-record things in the games I play, but do not want it to background record my browser. How do I disable background-record for specific apps?

:)

Le Posque, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Ramhound Win User

Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

Ramhound, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 4, 2021
  4. How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar?

How can I turn background recording on for games in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 includes a built-in tool for recording videos of PC
    games. You can do this with the “Game Bar,” which is part of the “Game DVR” feature offered by the Xbox app. Windows 10 also includes customizable keyboard shortcuts for recording videos and
    capturing screenshots.

Follow the below steps for the same,

1. Open the Game Bar

To open the Game Bar while playing a game, press Windows Key + G. It will pop up above the game you’re playing.
    You may need to be playing the PC game in windowed mode to see the game bar, so try setting your game to windowed mode if you don’t see it.

The Game bar includes icons for quickly opening the Xbox app, controlling background recording, taking a screenshot, recording a gameplay video, and accessing settings.

2. Record a Gameplay Video

To record a video, open the Game Bar with Windows Key + G and then click the red record button. A timer will appear at the top-right corner of your game window while it’s recording.

To stop recording the window, bring up the Game Bar again and click the red stop button.

3. Configure Game DVR Settings

The Game Bar and Game DVR settings are controlled from within the Xbox app. Open the Xbox app, click the Settings icon, and then select Game DVR to customize them.

You can disable the Game DVR entirely from here, or set different keyboard shortcuts for opening the game bar, recording videos, taking screenshots, toggling the timer, and using the “Record that” feature.

4. Use Background Recording

The
    Xbox One and PlayStation 4 automatically record your gameplay in the background
    , allowing you to instantly save interesting gameplay clips after they happen.

Game DVR on Windows 10 can function similarly. To use this feature, you’ll need to enable the “Record in the background while I’m playing a game” option under Game DVR Settings in the Xbox app. As the Xbox app tells you, “this may
    affect game performance.” System resources will be constantly used for recording while playing games with this setting enabled, so you’ll want to leave it enabled unless you really want to record gameplay or you have a very powerful PC with extra resources to
    spare.

By default, it will always record and keep the last 30 seconds. To save the last 30 seconds, you can open the Game Bar and click the second icon from the left, or press Windows + Alt + G. This is the “Record that” feature, which
    will automatically save the last recorded bit of gameplay. It works similarly to the equivalent feature on Xbox One.

Also refer the below article on
    Record game clips and screenshots,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-recording-game-clips

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar?

1. How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar? - Similar Threads - turn off background

2. Xbox Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Recording: So the windows key on my keyboard just stopped working. Reasons unknown, is there any way to change the game bar recording shortcut to not be Win+G because that is like the only time I use it....
  3. Xbox Game Bar not recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar not recording: ever since i upgraded to windows 11, i cannot use xbox game bar to record my games. i can still open it normally though. however when i open it, i can't press any of the buttons to record. i already tried resetting and repairng game bar, but nothing worked.when i try to press...
  4. Xbox game bar turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox game bar turning off: I tried regedit and everything but it keeps getting disabled, I just want to record a video it just does not want to turn on.I did not try reinstalling.If it happens to you try these and let me know if this works I took from a form!>1. Navigate to...
  5. Xbox game bar not recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not recording: HelloWhen I try and record a game using the Xbox Game Bar, it say's 'sorry we cannot record right now, please try again later' but it never works. How would I fix this?...
  6. Turn off background recording for specific apps + Remove background recording notification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off background recording for specific apps + Remove background recording notification: So I use the Xbox Game Bar and background recording pretty frequently while playing games but yesterday I turned it on for Google Chrome and now whenever I put any video fullscreen, the image will stutter. Is there a way to turn off background recordings for a specific app?...
  7. Turn off background recording for specific apps + Remove background recording notification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off background recording for specific apps + Remove background recording notification: So I use the Xbox Game Bar and background recording pretty frequently while playing games but yesterday I turned it on for Google Chrome and now whenever I put any video fullscreen, the image will stutter. Is there a way to turn off background recordings for a specific app?...
  8. Xbox game bar notifications - "starting background recording"

Xbox game bar notifications - "starting background recording": So ive ran into this problem with game bar, were i get constantly spammed by these game bar notifications stating things like "Starting background recording" and "microphone recording is on" every single damn time i change focus to another program or window. If im focused in...
  9. xbox game bar recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar recording: my xbox game bar recording is not enabling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording/ba8dd4c9-c1a0-48db-ae45-fd8770574b09
  10. XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS

XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS: Hello, a couple days ago I've been able to use to the game bar without any problems. I have recorded game play and the recordings were saved onto my computer in its true resolution 1920x1080. Now whenever I record my game play the recordings are saved with a weird resolution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to disable background recording for specific game