Windows 10: how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

Discus and support how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamSherrill1, Oct 17, 2019.

1. how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

:)

WilliamSherrill1, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

My desktop icons move to a grid on the left for no reason

Hello,

If your icons are aligned to a grid, this means that the settings of your desktop are currently auto arranged and automatically aligned. Since you want to rearrange your desktop icons on however you like them, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, look for Align icons to grid. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.

After doing these steps, you'll be able to rearrange all your desktop icons again on how you want it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Oct 17, 2019
  4. how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

1. how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop? - Similar Threads - turn off background

2. How do I turn my background apps on after somehow turning it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn my background apps on after somehow turning it off?: I was trying to fix a lag issue i was having with a game and it showed how to turn it off for windows 10 but I use windows 11, I somehow managed to turn background apps off but I can't figure out how to turn it back on no matter how many times i search it up it always tells...
  3. How do I turn off the alignment grid?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the alignment grid?: Last week the alignment grid popped up on my desktop. How so I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-alignment-grid/10633c51-e38e-41a2-9844-5d1ff114ef7f
  4. how do I turn off the alignment grid

how do I turn off the alignment grid: How do I turn off the alignment grid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-alignment-grid/d147601d-f990-4178-8a82-aee6ef5a1cd3
  5. cannot turn off desktop auto grid

cannot turn off desktop auto grid: I have spent 30 minutes searching for an answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-desktop-auto-grid/9db7a7e8-2f08-4304-a98e-497e4320007f
  6. Help turning off the window snap grid

Help turning off the window snap grid: I need this feature gone and out of my life. anyone know how to turn it off? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-turning-off-the-window-snap-grid/9a5dd5cd-c6f2-404e-bebc-84a0653cc98b
  7. How do I turn off the background picture at startup?

How do I turn off the background picture at startup?: I'm running Win 10 home v10.0.17134. When I boot and get the login page, there is a background picture, which changes periodically and has questions on it. I do not want this. All I want to do is log in. How can I turn off this background picture?...
  8. How do you turn off live tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you turn off live tiles?: guess the tile says it all, I can not see how you turn on/off live tiles, am I missing something? 3744
  9. Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...
  10. How do I turn off extended tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn off extended tiles?: How do I turn off extended tiles in Windows Explorer. One of my computers has tiles as the view option when you right click in "devices and drives". the other computer has extended tiles as the option not tiles. I'm not sure how this happened. How do I return to the default...