Windows 10: How do I turn off Bitlocker????

Discus and support How do I turn off Bitlocker???? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 Home about a year ago. From then until around Thanksgiving, Bitlocker NEVER turned on or made me enter a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by erikaAB, Dec 23, 2019.

1. erikaAB Win User

How do I turn off Bitlocker????

I purchased a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 Home about a year ago. From then until around Thanksgiving, Bitlocker NEVER turned on or made me enter a recovery key when I turned on or restarted my laptop. The day after Thanksgiving, I accidentally dropped my computer, and broke my screen. I sent the laptop to Dell for them to repair my screen. When I received my laptop back from Dell, Bitlocker was turned on and it comes on EVERY time I turn on or restart my computer. I called Dell for help to disable or turn this off at the time, I'd never even heard of Bitlocker, so I know that I did not enable this feature myself, but they had no idea how to do that without wiping my hard drive clean. After a very lengthy and frustrating google search, I was at least able to set up recovery keys so that I did not have to wipe my hard drive.

Now, how do I turn this stupid, pain-in-the-**** feature off? It disrupts my workflow since there is no way I can or want to memorize a 45-digit key to type in every single time. Wiping my hard drive is not an option since I can't afford to lose my data. Also, I already spent 2 hours with Dell technical support trying to fix this and they are completely clueless and completely useless; talking to them again is not an option. I also just spent an hour talking to Microsoft support first customer service, then a technical support gatekeeper who told me to fill out an online request for help, which then demanded that I pay $499 for further help--I mean, really??? only to reach a dead end there too.

Feels like I am stuck in No Man's Land because of other people's refusal to take responsibility for a problem they caused. PLEASE HELP.

:)

erikaAB, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Dec 23, 2019
  4. How do I turn off Bitlocker????

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn off Bitlocker????

1. How do I turn off Bitlocker???? - Similar Threads - turn off Bitlocker

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  6. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  7. How do I turn this off?

8. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  9. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  10. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn this off?: When I first got the envy I accidentally clicked a setting where it turns the background dark when I have a tab open and I'm not sure how to switch it. It is driving me crazy...