Windows 10: How do I turn off bluetooth and nearby sharing in windows 10 version 1803?

Discus and support How do I turn off bluetooth and nearby sharing in windows 10 version 1803? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Bluetooth and Nearby sharing is constantly turning on and I have loser neighbors that connect and steal my internet to do webcamming through my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by par4u2c2, Nov 12, 2018.

1. par4u2c2 Win User

How do I turn off bluetooth and nearby sharing in windows 10 version 1803?

My Bluetooth and Nearby sharing is constantly turning on and I have loser neighbors that connect and steal my internet to do webcamming through my connection. I do not want any Bluetooth and or nearby sharing on my computer because they use a Bluetooth personal area network to hijack my internet., Im at my wits end here I need help!

:)

par4u2c2, Nov 12, 2018

2. Nearby Sharing Not Working

Hi, and thanks for any help.

When I use the "Share" button on a file in File manager, after it says "Looking for new devices" it switches to "Make sure the other device has nearby sharing turned on in the action center", and will not find the PC I'm trying to send to.

I have two PCs with different owners/accounts (sitting next to each other). Both have Bluetooth adapters running firmware version HCI 6.8891 / LMP 6.8891 (they have the same external USB adapters installed). Under "Bluetooth radio supports Low Energy Central
    Role", the value is <true> on both PCs.

Both PCs are running Windows 10 Pro Version 1803, and have Nearby Sharing available in the action center. Nearby sharing is enabled for "Everyone Nearby" on both. The Bluetooth toggle in the action center is also on for both.

Any other ideas for getting Nearby Sharing to work? Every article I find on the subject stops with the above advice.

Thanks again.

CluelessNomad, Nov 12, 2018
  3. joemck85 Win User
    Nearby Sharing missing in 1803

I am trying to get the Nearby Sharing feature working in Windows 10 1803 build 17134.81. My laptop has an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.

When I right-click a file and choose Share, I just see "No contacts? No problem", Mail and OneNote as options for sharing the file. The section for share to nearby device is missing. Similarly when I share a page from Edge, I see only the contacts section,
    copy link, Mail and OneNote.

I have turned on nearby sharing in settings -> system -> shared experiences.

joemck85, Nov 12, 2018
  4. AllanAult Win User

Nearby Sharing

The problem was there was no switch.

I have fixed the problem by replacing the Bluetooth dongle

Thanks for the help

AllanAult, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I turn off bluetooth and nearby sharing in windows 10 version 1803? - Similar Threads - turn off bluetooth

2. How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share: so it's known issue when you share files with NEarby share. I tried everything but it doesn't transfer files with wi-fi, bluetooth only. Who can help with settings? I have laptop windows 10 and PC windows 11....
  3. How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share: so it's known issue when you share files with NEarby share. I tried everything but it doesn't transfer files with wi-fi, bluetooth only. Who can help with settings? I have laptop windows 10 and PC windows 11....
  4. Nearby Share WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearby Share WIndows 10: I have been trying to share some files between my Android phone and my Win10 PC with no luck. In reading about it, it looks like it is not possible for two reasons. 1 Windows 10 and Android can't connect and use Nearby Share, I could use two windows 10 PCs but not my phone. 2...
  5. Nearby Share WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nearby Share WIndows 10: I have been trying to share some files between my Android phone and my Win10 PC with no luck. In reading about it, it looks like it is not possible for two reasons. 1 Windows 10 and Android can't connect and use Nearby Share, I could use two windows 10 PCs but not my phone. 2...
  6. Nearby Share WIndows 10

7. How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?: I'm trying to connect to a device With bluetooth on And it keeps showing this: [ATTACH] Its telling me bluetooth is turned off and not giving me an option to turn it on. I tried the notification centre.[ATTACH] I tried to do it from device manager in control panel, but the...
  8. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby sharing: I have a Samsung phone which has nearby sharing too. Is their any way to share files between my laptop and my phone. submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7w26d/nearby_sharing/
  9. Windows 10 nearby sharing

Windows 10 nearby sharing: When attempting to share files between my laptop and desktop always get the message "the comuter you are trying to share with did not respond". I am running windows 10, 1903 one both machines....
  10. Bluetooth and Nearby Sharing

Bluetooth and Nearby Sharing: I have my Desktop and Notebook paired. This is shown in the Bluetooth and Device settings. The Bluetooth icon in the Action Center of each computer shows Not Connected. Because of this, the send/receive files feature of Bluetooth will not work. After two hours of fiddling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off nearby bluetooth