Windows 10: How do I turn off Defender/Windows Security? Win 10

Discus and support How do I turn off Defender/Windows Security? Win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to turn off my Defender so that I can run System Restore. According to all of the replies in Bing, this is what I should do: To turn Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

How do I turn off Defender/Windows Security? Win 10

I need to turn off my Defender so that I can run System Restore.

According to all of the replies in Bing, this is what I should do:

To turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off, select the Windows logo Start button, and then select Settings / Gear-shaped Settings icon > Update & Security > Firewall & network protection. Choose a network profile, and then under Windows Defender Firewall, switch the setting to On or Off

but I haven't got an On/Off setting - and mine says Windows Security, not Defender.

When I previously tried to turn it off, I got an alert exclamation mark against 'App & browser control'. Digging down, I saw the following:

In App & browser control my settings are Check apps & files (Block/Warn/Off) - mine is set to Warn
    In Smart Screen for MS Edge: (Block/Warn/Off) - mine is set to Warn
    and in SmartScreen for Microsoft Store apps, (Warn/Off) - mine is set to Warn

Where am I going wrong, please?

PS If my Topic is wrong, would an Administrator please change it? TIA

:)

Taffy087, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Feb 4, 2019
  3. How do i turn on my windows security services on Windows 10.

Hi Edehomon,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if third party security has disabled Windows Defender services.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "windows security services are turned off", have you installed any third party security software on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to turn on Windows Defender by following steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar?

2. Type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Update & security.

4. Click on Windows Defender.

5. Then try to turn on the Windows Defender services.

Note: If a third party security software is installed on the computer, then it will disable Windows Defender.

Please get back to us with an update on turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 4, 2019
  4. How do I turn off Defender/Windows Security? Win 10

How to turn on Windows defender in Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Windows Defender is the default real-time (always on) protection program in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

If there are any third party security software installed, then Windows Defender will get disabled automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help:

• Open Settings by either clicking on the Settings icon on the Start menu or simultaneously pressing Windows and I keys.

• Click on Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Defender, and on the left right side, turn on.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn off Defender/Windows Security? Win 10

1. How do I turn off Defender/Windows Security? Win 10 - Similar Threads - turn off Defender

2. How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...: I have a Windows Defender warning that says Local Security Authority protection is off. I have toggled on and restarted several times but cannot clear the warning. Does that mean it is still off?...
  3. How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...: I have a Windows Defender warning that says Local Security Authority protection is off. I have toggled on and restarted several times but cannot clear the warning. Does that mean it is still off?...
  4. how do i turn windows defender off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i turn windows defender off: its being so annoying i cant take it anymore its so ANNOYING HOW THE HELL DO I TURN THIS OFF ITS SO ANNOYING I WOULD SWEAR IF I COULD HOW DO I TURN IT OFF...
  5. How do I turn Windows defender off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn Windows defender off?: How do I turn Windows defender off? I just cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-windows-defender-off/7ee2a11f-f152-4b57-ba6e-25eaf1bca305
  6. How to turn off Norton Security and turn on Defender

How to turn off Norton Security and turn on Defender: I currently have Norton Security on my laptop supplied courtesy of my Comcast account. It does the job as an Security program, but I suspect it's bogging down the laptop. I want to try just using Defender as I've read that it's now as good as any other Security program...
  7. Windows Defender is turned off. How do I turn it on?

Windows Defender is turned off. How do I turn it on?: Somehow Windows Defender was turned off. I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching and trying to turn it back on. How and where do I do it? Help, please! * Moved from Windows 8.1/Security * Original title: Windows Defender...
  8. I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?: I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? * Original title: Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-am-running-norton-security-how-do-i-turn-off/43ce2040-06f4-4389-9636-ad2a5c5d20f9
  9. win defender is turned off

win defender is turned off: i noticed win defender is turned off. although i have avast anti virus, should i turn it back on?*Shock 92839
  10. How do I Turn Off Win 10 Notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Turn Off Win 10 Notifications?: Hey! How can I disable the notifications I keep getting (and persistently showing on up my Desktop)? [img] I, myself, am pretty thorough and I really don't need these 'reminders' - whether for email or news or app updates, etc. Can't I just disable this feature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off windows security

2. how to turn off windows security

3. how to turn defender off

4. www.bing.com5% 30%,
  5. Seattlhttps://signup.live.com/signup?mkt=en-US&uiflavor=app&lw=1&fl=easi2&client_id=51483342-085c-4d86-bf88-cf50c7252078&wreply=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.office.com%2F%3Fauth%3D1e,
  6. how do i turn off windows defender 10,
  7. window security turn off,
  8. turn off all windows security,
  9. how do i turn off windows security,
  10. go to bing com5 30,
  11. turn off windows security 10,
  12. turn off windows security windows 10,
  13. turn off security,
  14. cf50c7252078,
  15. how to turn off windows security in win 10