Windows 10: How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

Discus and support How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, When logging into my computer I am asked every time to enter my password for my microsoft account. I don't want to have to enter my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Emily 2023, Feb 6, 2023.

1. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

Hi there, When logging into my computer I am asked every time to enter my password for my microsoft account. I don't want to have to enter my microsoft password every time I turn my computer on. How do I turn this off?

:)

Emily 2023, Feb 6, 2023

2. Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Windows 10: Computer prompting to enter Microsoft password after logging in the Microsof account into Xbox one app.

Hi Chris,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings and use account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "now requires a password to access it's my Microsoft password", are you logged in as Local Account in the Desktop computer prior automatic changing to Microsoft Account?
    • When you say that "i have work laptop, HP, NOT on home network", are you logged in as Microsoft Account in the Work laptop?

If you were logged in as Local Account and then it has been changed into Microsoft Account. In that case, I suggest you to try to sign in back to Local Account through steps below and check if it helps.

• Select the Start
      How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer. [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Your account.

• Select Sign in with a Local Account Instead.

• Follow the prompts to switch to a Local Account. Verify the Local Account's user name and password.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with automatic changing to Microsoft Account in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Time Lady Win User

How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

"You can log in to this account without entering a password"

Hi, I’m Virginia an independent advisor.

Check this information:

To stop auto log in to your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the step-by-step guide as below. Please note that you must have all the information about the user account which you want to configure.

2. Tap on Windows key, type cmd.exe to load the Windows command prompt.

3. Type control userpassword2 and hit the enter key (Or you can type netplwiz which takes you to the same system tool).

4. The "User Accounts" window will appear:

Now select the user account from the list and enable "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option and click on Apply button.

6. You are prompted to enter the account password your Windows 10 will use to sign in.

7. That's it. Now you can login Windows 10 by entering password.

If this doesn’t work please post back.

Time Lady, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

1. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer. - Similar Threads - turn off enter

2. I forgot my password to log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to log onto my computer: I forgot my password to log onto my computer. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-onto-my-computer/0f9629af-c6ee-4651-8f1e-2d29dedee6b8
  3. I forgot my password to log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to log onto my computer: I forgot my password to log onto my computer. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-onto-my-computer/0f9629af-c6ee-4651-8f1e-2d29dedee6b8
  4. How do I log into my Microsoft account? All Microsoft Passwords do not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my Microsoft account? All Microsoft Passwords do not work.: I have a new, well reconditioned but new to me, laptop which I set up easily enough logging into my windows account using my phone through the authenticator app. I have a Dell Precision 7730 with 64.0 gb of ram, running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 OS build 226352921After a while...
  5. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.: Hi there, When logging into my computer I am asked every time to enter my password for my microsoft account. I don't want to have to enter my microsoft password every time I turn my computer on. How do I turn this off?...
  6. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.: Hi there, When logging into my computer I am asked every time to enter my password for my microsoft account. I don't want to have to enter my microsoft password every time I turn my computer on. How do I turn this off?...
  7. How do I turn off my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off my computer: How do I turn off my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-my-computer/c7bcd4e6-4047-4203-b6ba-ae9c92cdf2f5
  8. How do I retrieve my password to enter my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I retrieve my password to enter my computer: My Windows password was deleted by accident by AOL while in support. I need to retreive the password asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-my-password-to-enter-my-computer/befeb454-28a2-4e4d-a60d-ccdb42eab1c5
  9. Logging onto my computer

Logging onto my computer: After updating windows 10, when I TRY TO LOG ONTO MY COMPUTER I get message that user profile cannot be loaded. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-my-computer/c57b0b4e-5e59-4952-8492-45d33d4d1717
  10. How do I access my PC with out logging onto a Microsoft account?

How do I access my PC with out logging onto a Microsoft account?: I'm returning my Microsoft GWM-00001 Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB). I did a hard reset in the Windows Defender Security Center Fresh Start window, but whenever I restart my PC I have to log in to my Microsoft account. How do I restart and not...