Windows 10: How do I turn off "lock screen" "ads"?

Discus and support How do I turn off "lock screen" "ads"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Surface pro4 running Win10 Pro. Today's lock screen is a nice winter scene, but it is marred by some "ads" that i didn't ask for nor do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YoungRascal, Dec 13, 2016.

1. How do I turn off "lock screen" "ads"?

I have a Surface pro4 running Win10 Pro.

Today's lock screen is a nice winter scene, but it is marred by some "ads" that i didn't ask for nor do I want them on my screen. (for a photo visit: http://imgur.com/a/njoVt) The "ads" are links to the Microsoft store.

Ok, technically it's not the lock screen, because i've already logged in, it's the screen that comes up after the tablet has gone to sleep, but it looks the same as the lock screen. I just don't have to give my password, but i think that just my own settings. I don;t know what this screen is really called, if it's different from the lock screen.

Also, technically they are not advertisements, they look like holiday messages from Microsoft, but they are links to the Microsoft store so it's forced marketing. Most of all I did not ask for them to be there.

I tried looking for a way to turn of "ads" on the lock screen and it looks like there's an option on the lock screen configuration that i am missing. I don;t have the option outlined in these instructions: http://www.howtogeek.com/243263/how-...0-lock-screen/

Thanks for the help!

:)

YoungRascal, Dec 13, 2016
  2. ChandriaNicole, Dec 13, 2016
  3. Messages on lock screen lumia 610

If you are referring to the banner at the top of the screen then these are known as "Toast" notifications and cannot be turned off.

Ray Hipkiss, Dec 13, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

How do I turn off "lock screen" "ads"?

Hi YoungRascal and welcome to Ten forums

Change background setting to "Picture" temporary and see if that option shows for you. You can change it back to Spotlight after...

AndreTen, Dec 13, 2016
  5. Thse entries are responsible for ADs, first 2 for lockscreen. Run CMD and copy/paste (then restart):

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "RotatingLockScreenEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "RotatingLockScreenOverlayEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SoftLandingEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I turn off "lock screen" "ads"?

1. How do I turn off "lock screen" "ads"? - Similar Threads - turn off lock

2. How do I turn off the on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the on-screen caps lock notification?: I have an HP Pavilion and have had it for a while but it's started doing this and it's really annoying! None of the solutions online work for me and I just want it gone!...
  3. How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?: Hi, I booted up my PC today, and now I have a large, grey caps lock/num lock notification on my screen. I've tried to troubleshoot this myself, but so far have come up unsuccessful. I have an OMEN desktop pc, so I tried to find HP Hotkey Support, which didn't work as it isn't...
  4. How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?: Hi, I booted up my PC today, and now I have a large, grey caps lock/num lock notification on my screen. I've tried to troubleshoot this myself, but so far have come up unsuccessful. I have an OMEN desktop pc, so I tried to find HP Hotkey Support, which didn't work as it isn't...
  5. How do I turn off lock screen collages for slideshow?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I turn off lock screen collages for slideshow?: I have slideshow enables for my lock screen. Not all of the pictures are 16x9. I do not have the setting "show only pictures that fit my screen enabled." It keeps showing a collage of multiple pictures from the folder I set as the source for the slideshow. It is one large...
  6. How do I turn off the lock on rotate my screen?

How do I turn off the lock on rotate my screen?: How do I turn off the lock on rotate screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-lock-on-rotate-my-screen/3be82565-f7fb-4011-bcf3-eb1fde5c1821
  7. How do I turn off The on screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn off The on screen caps lock notification?: I have a Lenovo legion Y720 gaming laptop and every time I hit caps lock it gives me an on screen notification that the caps lock is toggle which is annoying, especially for gaming. I’ve tried so many settings from researching online with no fix. Any solutions would be...
  8. How to turn off the Lock Screen

How to turn off the Lock Screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and realized that after my computer goes to sleep that a lock screen comes up and i have to re-enter my password. Is there a way to just allow my computer to go to sleep without going to the lock screen afterwards...
  9. how to turn off lock screen

how to turn off lock screen: how do I turn off the lock screen * Moved from Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-lock-screen/89d2dfc0-22f9-4ea8-824d-3ad360d48657
  10. screen lock - how to turn it on or off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen lock - how to turn it on or off: I want to be able to lock my screen with one key-press when I leave it. I cannot find anything in any of the help that relates to this. Any ideas? Thanks....