Windows 10: How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting?

Discus and support How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am working with a protected program to change a digital sign for my business. The special USB key requires me to turn off the Memory Integrity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George Rodriguez1, Dec 4, 2022.

1. How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting?

I am working with a protected program to change a digital sign for my business. The special USB key requires me to turn off the Memory Integrity setting found in the Security section of settings under Core Isolation. Unfortunately, it states it is controlled by my administrator and I can't change it. I don't have system administrator, so not sure what they are talking about or how it can be resolved. Any suggestions?

:)

George Rodriguez1, Dec 4, 2022
  2. windoc Win User

Cannot Turn On Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Settings

From Tutorial -> Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Not able to perform steps in Option 1
    Under "Windows Defender Security Center", "Device Security" is not an option.
    Winver reports Version 1709 (OS build 16299 402)
    The processor is Intel I3
    Virtualization is enabled in system BIOS.

Please advise.

windoc, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Memory Integrity Won't Turn On

Thanks for your reply.

I've joined the Windows Insider Programme and updated my laptop to 22H2 as this appeared to be the only thing listed that I didn't currently have. It's installed, but when I tried to switch on Memory Integrity from the settings it still scans for incompatible drivers, doesn't seem to find any and then says it needs to restart. And again once I press restart it gets to the Medion logo (just before the windows screen appears) but just hangs there.

On the suggestion you've linked above, Option 2 is "Refresh or Reinstall Windows Defender". Now if I follow this step and delete the Windows Defender folder in the registry as suggested, do I need to reinstall or will Windows do this automatically when I restart? I don't want to go deleting the folder and then finding that I've shot myself in the foot so to speak.

**Update**

I tried Option 2 and unfortunately this hasn't worked either, my laptop still hangs on the Medion logo without loading Windows after reset. I have to hold the power button to turn off and restart, then it loads Windows succesfully but still with Memory Integrity off.

Option 3 doesn't seem to be the problem as it's not detecting any incompatible drivers.

Thomas M82, Dec 4, 2022
  4. How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting?

Memory Integrity option cannot be turned off

I am unable to turn off the Memory Integrity option for some reason.
    I even followed the steps below and rebooted, still keeps on enabling itself.
    Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

Even try these settings to disable Credential Guard here.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...l-guard-manage

Even reinstalled Windows 10 by wiping out all the partitions starting from scratch. Still no luck.
    Think this is a bug in v1809.

Before the complete reinstallation, I did enable the VBS settings with UEFI Lock features under the Group Policy.
    But I am stumped as to why even after a reinstall I cannot disable the Memory Integrity option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

win10freak, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting?

1. How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting? - Similar Threads - turn off Memory

2. How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting?: I am working with a protected program to change a digital sign for my business. The special USB key requires me to turn off the Memory Integrity setting found in the Security section of settings under Core Isolation. Unfortunately, it states it is controlled by my...
  3. Why is memory integrity turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is memory integrity turned off?: In MS defender It says, "Your device meets the requirements for standard hardware security" but why is memory integrity off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-memory-integrity-turned-off/5110c95d-288c-407f-a87e-d84b73d09ff6
  4. Why is memory integrity turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is memory integrity turned off?: In MS defender It says, "Your device meets the requirements for standard hardware security" but why is memory integrity off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-memory-integrity-turned-off/5110c95d-288c-407f-a87e-d84b73d09ff6
  5. Why is memory integrity turned off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Memory Integrity Turns Itself Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Integrity Turns Itself Off: Hello!I'm having a strange issue with memory integrity. I am able to turn on memory integrity see screenshot below, but, after the required restart, it turns itself off again see second screenshot. Anyone else have this issue/know the solution?Thanks!...
  7. Memory Integrity Turns Itself Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Integrity Turns Itself Off: Hello!I'm having a strange issue with memory integrity. I am able to turn on memory integrity see screenshot below, but, after the required restart, it turns itself off again see second screenshot. Anyone else have this issue/know the solution?Thanks!...
  8. Can't turn off memory integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off memory integrity: I need to disable core isolation memory integrity in order to install updates. I switched it off in Windows settings and restarted, but when I opened settings again, it was still enabled and I couldn't install updates. I checked the registry...
  9. Can't turn off memory integrity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't turn off memory integrity: I need to disable core isolation memory integrity in order to install updates. I switched it off in Windows settings and restarted, but when I opened settings again, it was still enabled and I couldn't install updates. I checked the registry...
  10. Memory Integrity Doesnt Turn Off!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Memory Integrity Doesnt Turn Off!!!: Im trying to disable memory integrity to use one of my Android Emulator apps Bluestacks. However, whenever I turn it off and then restart my laptop as it tells me to it just turns back on again every time. I spent the whole day yesterday speaking to Microsoft Advisors and...