Windows 10: How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently?

Discus and support How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not to be rude, but Microsoft defender is super obnoxious in turning real-time protection back on after I turn it off. My problem with this is that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Beaustroms, Nov 6, 2020.

1. How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently?

Not to be rude, but Microsoft defender is super obnoxious in turning real-time protection back on after I turn it off. My problem with this is that I often like using automation in my daily life with certain programs that windows defender seems to not like very much at all. It literally deletes my stuff EVERY DAY. So yeah, how can I turn off real-time protection permanently.

:)

Beaustroms, Nov 6, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 6, 2020
  3. WizLiz Win User
    How to turn off Windows Defender permanently

Windows Defender keeps blocking a third-party program that I know isn't a threat. All my attempts to disable Windows Defender have failed.

I've tried to:

• Go in the Windows Defender option and disable it from there.
    • Edit the group policies, find the Windows Defender file and edit the "turn off Windows Defender" to be always disabled.
    • Prevent the Windows Defender service from even starting but the option appear to be greyed out.

How do I turn it off permanently?

WizLiz, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Moab Win User

How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently?

How to turn off Windows Defender permanently

Type in Defender into the search bar, and click on the Defender program in the list. When Windows Defender opens, click Settings and turn off real time protection.

I just noticed that it will reenable it automatically after some time, geez.

I suppose you will could install some third-party antivirus software that does not flag hack tools and such as a threat.

There is a third-party application called NoDefender to disable it permanently, but I have not tried it or can vouch for it or what it actually does to accomplish this.

I found this note on another website, but I am not sure if it is true or not. Better make a restore point anyway.

NOTE: The NoDefender utility doesn’t include an option to enable Windows Defender again. So we suggest you create a manual system restore point before disabling Defender if you want to easily enable Windows Defender again in the future.

Another method is to rename the Defender program folder. This must be done from a Linux Live DVD or USB: C:\Program Files\Windows Defender.

Another method is to disable the Defender Service from starting in the Windows registry as it cannot be done from Services directly as options are grayed out.

Open regedit and go to

Open the subkey corresponding to the service you wish to change (WinDefend), and modify the value of 'Start' to equal either "2" (for automatic), "3" (for manual), or "4" (for disabled).

**Registry edits have the advantage for Windows Home or lower versions, as they do not have Group Policy Editor to do it as suggested by Nate's answer.

Moab, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently?

1. How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently? - Similar Threads - turn off Microsoft

2. How to permanently turn off Microsoft Defender AntiVirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to permanently turn off Microsoft Defender AntiVirus: I am on a Windows 10 laptop and I want to either disable windows firewall completely or let all files from origin be able to download. I have used most methods online to disable/turn off and within 2 seconds it turns itself back on. Every time I try to download my games it...
  3. How to permanently turn off Microsoft Defender AntiVirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently turn off Microsoft Defender AntiVirus: I am on a Windows 10 laptop and I want to either disable windows firewall completely or let all files from origin be able to download. I have used most methods online to disable/turn off and within 2 seconds it turns itself back on. Every time I try to download my games it...
  4. How to permanently turn off Microsoft Defender AntiVirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i turn windows defender off

how do i turn windows defender off: its being so annoying i cant take it anymore its so ANNOYING HOW THE HELL DO I TURN THIS OFF ITS SO ANNOYING I WOULD SWEAR IF I COULD HOW DO I TURN IT OFF...
  6. how to turn off the magnifier permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the magnifier permanently: I want to turn the magnifier OFF permanently and have tried all the solutions I could find and they aren't working. This is only in my email. The screen is right size but the reading pane text and the folder column are so small you need a strong magnifying glass to read them....
  7. How do I turn Windows defender off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn Windows defender off?: How do I turn Windows defender off? I just cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-windows-defender-off/7ee2a11f-f152-4b57-ba6e-25eaf1bca305
  8. Unable to turn off permanently Windows Defender !

Unable to turn off permanently Windows Defender !: Hello, i always was able to turn Windows Defender off, but now it always turn on. I tried solution 6 and 7, using gpedit and regedit, both didn't work. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10 I can't turn off service in regedit. Or there was yet...
  9. Windows Defender is turned off. How do I turn it on?

Windows Defender is turned off. How do I turn it on?: Somehow Windows Defender was turned off. I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching and trying to turn it back on. How and where do I do it? Help, please! * Moved from Windows 8.1/Security * Original title: Windows Defender...
  10. How do I turn off Storage Sense permanently?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn off Storage Sense permanently?: I woke up my PC and received a message from Windows 10 that "We have turned on Storage Sense for you". The service deleted my files. How do I turn off Storage Sense permanently? It was already turned off in Settings > System > Storage, but it turned itself back on and...