Windows 10: How do I turn off microsoft news alerts?

Discus and support How do I turn off microsoft news alerts? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title. They are very intrusive and annoying...how do I disable this "feature"?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jamesgreen8, Nov 24, 2019.

1. How do I turn off microsoft news alerts?

Title. They are very intrusive and annoying...how do I disable this "feature"?

:)

jamesgreen8, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Nov 24, 2019
  3. How do I turn off the sound for sidebar alerts in Outlook?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the alert notifications for the mail app and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and Click on “system”.
    • On the left hand side click on “notifications and actions”.
    • On the screen you will find an option “show notifications from these apps”, below that you will find all the apps that has
      notifications alerts with sound.
    • I suggest you to select the outlook app and disable it has
      “off”.
    • Then check whether the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 24, 2019
  4. How do I turn off microsoft news alerts?

e mail alerts

Hello,

Try these steps:

To turn on and turn off email notifications, follow these steps:

• From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
    • Scroll to and tap Settings.
    • Tap ringtones+sounds.
    • Tap manage app sounds.
    • Tap the email account.
    • Tap the Notification sound field.
    • Select the desired alert option.

Smittychat., Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn off microsoft news alerts?

1. How do I turn off microsoft news alerts? - Similar Threads - turn off microsoft

2. How do I turn off Microsoft Edge news feed on my children's accounts??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I turn off Microsoft Edge news feed on my children's accounts??: How do I turn off Microsoft Edge news feed on my children's accounts! It's impossible to follow the steps provided as the task bar isn't available in a child's profile and I've been able to turn it off on my profile but it's not transferable to my children's profiles. They...
  3. How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?: I don't want it. Nobody wants it. Make it go away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-taskbar-news-feed/5dd24117-dc39-46a8-be22-eaa4304d8b71
  4. How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?: I don't want it. Nobody wants it. Make it go away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-taskbar-news-feed/5dd24117-dc39-46a8-be22-eaa4304d8b71
  5. How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to get rid off the weather/ news alert on taskbar?

How to get rid off the weather/ news alert on taskbar?: HI,All the sudden , the weather /news alert appers on my taskbar?I didn't update nor install anything.how can I remove it?it just takes space on my taskbar.Thanks...
  7. How do I turn off Microsoft News Feed in taskbar?

How do I turn off Microsoft News Feed in taskbar?: How do I turn off Microsoft News Feed in taskbar? All the on-line help says go to Edge menu bars and click on "custom" but there is no "custom" button....
  8. How to turn off News icon

How to turn off News icon: I was sitting next to a friend as she was using my Surface Pro 6. Just as she was moving the mouse near the taskbar she sneezed and clicked the mouse. A yellow round icon appeared on the taskbar. If I click on it, it appears to be some sort news feed. How do I turn it off and...
  9. Customized alert sound for Microsoft News

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customized alert sound for Microsoft News: Does anyone know how to set up a customized alert sound for Microsoft News on PC? I was able to set up a customized alert on my Lumia 950 XL as well as my Samsung Galaxy S10 P. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the default sound on my PC and it's the same alert for Cortana and...
  10. How to turn off "news" notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off "news" notifications?: Hey, Is there a way to turn off the notifications that pop up in my right lower corner of the screen or even better to choose what type of notifications show up there? Last night I noticed some sort of News headline about the gunfire in Ferguson Missouri but I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable news alerts