Windows 10: How Do I Turn OFF OneDrive and Save Items JUST to Folders on my LOCAL Drive?

Discus and support How Do I Turn OFF OneDrive and Save Items JUST to Folders on my LOCAL Drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, I don't use the OneDrive feature. I don't move items to my phone from my laptop and I don't have any other computers that I need to sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nalajr, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Nalajr Win User

How Do I Turn OFF OneDrive and Save Items JUST to Folders on my LOCAL Drive?

Hey all,

I don't use the OneDrive feature. I don't move items to my phone from my laptop and I don't have any other computers that I need to sync files to.

Each time I go to save a picture I have to check and see that it's the PICTURE folder that's located on my local machine and NOT the one in my OneDrive folder. It's irritating. I want it just as my Windows was pre OneDrive days where my local folders were the only ones visible to save items into.

I think I was able to bring up the settings and turn off "Protection" for the DESKTOP, DOCUMENTS and PICTURES folders. There are more that are in there though like a MUSIC folder I think. I can't recall the others.

Not saying I want to totally UnInstall it as there may come a time in the future that I might need the capability although I don't envision that happening anytime soon.

SO...can you all tell me if there is anything else I need to do to get rid of the default saving location being the folders within the ONEDRIVE folder and only save items to my local machine?

Thanks

:)

Nalajr, Apr 18, 2019
  2. CP2009 Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Hi,

Since changing the settings of OneDrive didn't set the auto save to "This PC" folder, we would suggest you to change the file path of your
    Documents on your Libraries folder. Changing the file path to "C:\Users\YourPCName\Documents" will use your local storage as your default folder when saving files. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View
    • Click Navigation pane
    • Click Show libraries
    • On the Navigation pane, click Libraries folder.
    • Right-click Documents (Under the Libraries) folder.
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location tab
    • Then choose "C:\Users\YourPCName\Documents"
    • Click Set save location and then, click
      Apply
    • Click OK

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Bob Gross Win User

How to reset Onedrive folder selection for desktop sync

Create a folder online in OneDrive where you want your online files saved. Right click the OneDrive icon in the system tray, choose settings, then choose folders. A list of your OneDrive folders will appear with check boxes next to each. Checkmark the ones
    you want to sync, and they'll be listed locally in your folder structure under OneDrive. Then it's just a matter of moving the files you want locally to the folder you created in OneDrive as you would any other local folder.

Bob Gross, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How Do I Turn OFF OneDrive and Save Items JUST to Folders on my LOCAL Drive? - Similar Threads - Turn OFF OneDrive

2. How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????: I have been fighting this for several days, now. I want my screenshots to be saved on a local drive i.e. hard drive, external drive, thumb drive, etc. I have read several explanations on how to do it, but none of them have been successful.Every explanation I have read says to...
  3. How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????: I have been fighting this for several days, now. I want my screenshots to be saved on a local drive i.e. hard drive, external drive, thumb drive, etc. I have read several explanations on how to do it, but none of them have been successful.Every explanation I have read says to...
  4. How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I save locally and not with onedrive?: I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still continues to save everything in OneDrive. I deleted a OneDrive file thinking that would help and lost my desktop. unfortunately, I had to permanently delete that so I'm assuming that's gone for good....
  6. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I save locally and not with onedrive?: I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still continues to save everything in OneDrive. I deleted a OneDrive file thinking that would help and lost my desktop. unfortunately, I had to permanently delete that so I'm assuming that's gone for good....
  7. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I turn off OneDrive and store files locally?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off OneDrive and store files locally?: Hi there,I started using OneDrive to backup my documents and I have encountered some issues, both caused by the same problem: OneDrive has moved files within my documents area to a different path. One application has stopped working completely, another won’t open my projects...
  9. How do I turn off OneDrive/

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn off OneDrive/: I have no use for this. However, no matter what I am doing, typing a letter, browsing on-line, playing a game, I get a pop-up asking me to set up OneDrive. I'm tired of this. Looking on-line says it cannot be deleted. But, now I'm getting a notice that I have a new OneDrive...
  10. How do I turn off just the DEFENDER NOTIFICATIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off just the DEFENDER NOTIFICATIONS: Hello All: I see how to turn off the REAL TIME PROTECTION but that is not what I want to do, I want to stop DEFENDER from throwing up the constant flow of Windows Defender Found Threats & is REMOVING THEM. I don't think I'm going to sites that would give me that much...